Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Locations: , All; New York, NY
Job Function: Business Development
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
The position of Senior Development Officer, Data Management, sits within LISC’s national Resource Development Department (headquartered in New York), reporting to the Director of Development Operations. This position collaborates with departments across LISC to ensure the highest level of integrity of fundraising data within the Salesforce system, supporting the accurate processing and acknowledgement of the more than 2,000 grants and donations we receive annually.
In addition, the Senior Development Officer will develop reports and metrics within Salesforce to track performance against corporate fundraising goals and enhance the Development group’s use of Salesforce to coordinate prospect management, solicitation, and stewardship activities. They will play a key role in improving usage of the system across the organization so that it remains a key tool for relationship management, business development, donor cultivation, stewardship, and reporting.
Essential Responsibilities are related to maintaining data quality, tracking and analyzing fundraising data, improving development operations and systems, developing resources and trainings for use across LISC, and managing the Assistant Development Officer for Data Management:
- Serve as primary point of contact for IT, Field Excellence, Accounting, Finance, and other teams as needed to maintain quality of national and local fundraising data and donor contact information.
- Oversee daily work of the Assistant Development Officer, who is primary point of contact with LISC’s 39 local offices for identifying and resolving fundraising-data-related issues.
- Manage Assistant Development Officer and work with staff across LISC to accurately process grants and donations.
- Review and approve all grants of $1M from private sources and above entered into Salesforce.
Data Tracking and Analysis
- Work across LISC teams to track funds raised for new programs or focus areas.
- Design and maintain reports and dashboards to show progress of LISC’s sites and programs towards fundraising goals.
- Provide data and analysis for quarterly reports to the board, and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required by the national development team and senior management.
Development Operations and Systems
- Continuously identify and implement business process improvement that allow for more detailed fundraising tracking/reporting and help drive growth in fundraising.
- Serve as liaison to IT when it adds new functions to the system, to ensure they meet development team needs, are properly communicated across LISC, and incorporated into our documentation.
Resources and Trainings
- Develop and maintain documentation for LISC’s Salesforce fundraising instance, used for onboarding new staff and for on-going reference.
- Develop and conduct trainings, both live and recorded, on effective use of the Salesforce fundraising instance, working with the Assistant Development Officer.
- Serve as an active member of the internal Salesforce Stakeholders Group
- Serve on the Training Content Development Working Group.
- Contribute to the Development team’s Shared Services model, providing technical support, training, etc.
- Support internal compliance efforts.
- Assist in annual budget process, including creation of campaigns for each local office.
- Assist with or manage special assignments and projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent relevant work experience in a related field.
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with Salesforce, particularly in a non-profit fundraising and grants management environment, including creating high-level dashboards and reports.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to analyze and present complex data, including identifying trends.
- Excellent computer skills: a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred. Ability to learn new software and automated systems when appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across the organization with colleagues with varying responsibilities.
- Strong project management skills: ability to drive simultaneous projects to measurable success while aligning with department strategy.
- Experience leading and producing training materials preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary ($83,000 – $99,000, salary commensurate with experience and location) and excellent fringe benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter at https://grnh.se/68c614365us
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.