Company: Capital Good Fund
Location: , All
Job Function: Grant Writer
Capital Good Fund (“Good Fund”) is a nonprofit, U.S. Treasury-certified Community Development Financial Institution headquartered in Providence, RI. Founded in 2009, our mission is to create pathways out of poverty and advance a green economy through inclusive financial services. Good Fund employees are committed to using financial services to transform the lives of those we serve.
This position is an opportunity to help a growing non-profit build strong, sustainable, and diverse sources of philanthropic funding as we expand to new markets and deepen our presence within existing ones. The Senior Development Manager will work with the Senior Grants & Investments Associate, VP of Investor Relations, and CEO to research, organize, report, and follow up on grants, individual donor appeals, and other fundraising activities. In addition, the Senior Development Manager will report to and support our VP of Investor Relations as she identifies funding sources and strategizes the best uses of grant capital.
In this role, the Senior Development Manager will:
- Research new grant opportunities in our existing ten-state footprint as well as in states to which we plan to expand
- Conduct initial outreach to possible grantors
- Manage the fundraising schedule, ensuring that letters of inquiry, grants, and grant reports are submitted on time
- Prepare background information on high net-worth donor and funder prospects in advance of meetings
- Draft and submit grant proposals
- Process incoming donations and grants
- Prepare acknowledgment and follow-up materials for donors
- Manage grant reporting, including use of funds and outcome data
- Supervise Grants & Investments Associate
- Support with investment processing, as needed
- Excellent communication and research abilities
- Possess strong writing skills
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and present information in a clear and professional way
- Be able to work well independently
- Be detail-oriented
- Be comfortable making cold calls
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time forty-hour-per-week position. The Senior Development Manager will earn an annual salary of $62K to $75K commensurate with experience.
In addition, the Senior Development Manager will receive a competitive benefits package that includes a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match dollar for dollar up to 4%, medical insurance with a $500/month employer subsidy, dental insurance fully covered by employer for routine dental care, 5 paid personal days per benefit year, 15 vacation days in the first year on staff, and the opportunity to apply for personal loans of up to $2,000 at 0% interest. Company perks include flexible scheduling and 14 paid holidays!
How to Apply
Please send a one-page cover letter and accompanying résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.