Company: Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif)
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Marketing/PR
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) advances equity and opportunity in the Washington, D.C. area’s underserved communities by providing financial capital, business advisory services, and strategic networking support to underinvested entrepreneurs. Since its inception in 1987, Wacif has deployed more than $50 million in capital, served more than 3,500 entrepreneurs with business advisory services, and helped create or retain more than 20,000 local jobs. To learn more about Wacif’s work, visit www.Wacif.org.
TITLE: Senior Content Specialist
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) seeks to fill a full-time Senior Content Specialist to manage the execution of Wacif’s websites, email communications, and blogs. This position will work with various contract partners and consultants to ensure that Wacif’s proposed projects and routine content outputs are created, managed, and executed on time and with high quality. Additionally, the Senior Content Specialist is responsible for planning, executing, and reporting responsibilities related to web, email, and blog content.
REPORTS TO: Communications and Brand Director
Web Development – 30%
- Clearly communicate, document, and manage timelines and deliverables for all internal and external stakeholders involved;
- Serve as a liaison between our website development contractors, copywriter, and the Wacif team; recap meetings with a summary and tactical next steps that include a deadline and assignee;
- Roadmap projects and provide strategic insights into priority-driven decisions that are based in best practices and guidance from the consultants and Communications and Brand Director;
- Standardize process flows to ensure correct software tools are leveraged to ensure consistent management and produce an output of high-quality deliverables;
- Understand, curate, and create the content needed for developers to ensure they are equipped with all necessary resources for projects to move forward;
- Ensure strategic briefs are written for all projects that are reviewed by the Communications and Brand Director, Chief Development and Communications Officer, and relevant cross-functional stakeholders to ensure prior buy-in;
- Circulate feedback via email and provide specifics on what needs to be reviewed by the due date to move a project along on time.
Email Marketing – 30%
- Through consultation, creativity, and a focus on best practice user experience and user interface, this position will be responsible for collaborating with key stakeholders to implement effective email plans and working with our copywriting consultant to delegate copy needs that drive desired outcomes;
- Utilize key software tools to assist in the management of workflow, content, planning, and other email operations;
- Curate and design any creative imagery or assets needed for all email projects with the buy-in of cross functional stakeholders;
- Measure effectiveness of email campaigns using such methods as A/B testing.
Blog Management – 30%
- Create meaningful content that is clear, actionable, and engaging—converting leads to clients and turning clients into loyal fans;
- Collaborate with team members across the organization to identify content needs and pitch creative and strategic content ideas;
- Develop and execute against realistic production timelines with an organized calendar;
- Identify engagement opportunities and support the team in developing content ideas;
- Analyze communications data from web, social, and mail platforms to identify insights for developing effective communications products;
- Creation of design and content in alignment with our contract copywriter.
Other – 10%
- Ensure all projects are being tracked and reported in alignment with KPIs outlined by senior management in the distributed strategic document;
- Manage projects independently while consulting with the programs project manager to ensure alignment on deliverables;
- Ensure contract maintenance, scoping and payments are continuously managed;
- Participate in and adhere to quality control best practices related to proofreading, reviews, and securing approvals;
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field required.
- At least 5 years of professional communications and content marketing experience: web development, email marketing, and publishing blog content, etc.;
- 3-4 years’ experience in project management and experience collaborating with cross-functional partners preferred;
- Interest in and commitment to Wacif’s mission of working with low and moderate-income individuals and under-resourced communities;
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Monday.com, and HubSpot are required;
- Fluency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and strong analytical skills are required;
- Understand business needs to determine the best marketing approach and to scope resourcing demands;
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with shifting priorities and meet short- and long-term deadlines;
- Adaptable and flexible — enjoys work that may require frequent shifts in direction;
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize, and simultaneously implement multiple projects;
- Project Management experience working across departments and with various stakeholders (vendors, clients, team members, etc.);
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills; strong writer and storyteller;
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment, excellent attention to detail, and highly motivated to take on increasing levels of responsibility;
- A high level of motivation, initiative, and attention to detail demonstrated by proactively taking on projects;
- A friendly, collegial personality with compulsive integrity;
- Able to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external business stakeholders;
- Ability to take and provide consultative advice while working successfully in a team environment;
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required for high visibility events.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurance coverages available. 401(k) retirement plan (employer matching contribution eligible); paid time off (increased with tenure), paid holidays and sick leave days, transportation benefits, and education assistance benefits (professional development, tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment).
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume/CV, thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Sr. Content Specialist” in the subject line.
Wacif is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Wacif provides a flexible and hybrid working environment with the opportunity to work remotely