Senior Business Project Manager
Company: Capital Impact Partners
Location: , Remote
Job Function: Project Management
Capital Impact Partners is now part of the Momentus Capital Family of Organizations which includes Capital Impact Partners, CDC Small Business Finance, and Ventures Lending Technologies. Together, we work to ensure local leaders and communities have equitable access to the capital & opportunities they deserve. With a mission rooted in social impact, we support locally led solutions through our continuum of lending, impact investments, training programs, & technology programs. By joining our team, you will play a key role in how Momentus Capital is transforming the financial sector to help communities build health & generational wealth.
The Senior Business Project Manager (SBPM) is responsible for supporting our Lending and Operations business partners. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the incumbent will deliver project(s) within the defined scope and budget, while leading all aspects of the business project life-cycle, coordinating with project sponsors/key stakeholders (external client and internal), IT (developers/ engineers) and management. The SBPM will ensure quality throughout all phases of the project(s). They will manage and develop the project plan, tasks, milestones, risks, issues, and deliverables.
The SBPM will adapt to any constraints of human & financial resources and changing priorities to ensure successful delivery of the project. They will ensure transparent and timely reporting of project status, issues, risks, and financials. The SBPM should be highly motivated and quick learner who can work independently to drive solutions in an innovative and shifting environment.
- Partner with IT and Technology and Data departments to direct project interactions ensuring the delivery of key functional and technical aspects of the project(s).
- Manage and oversee the overall project delivery of our projects, loan program, and finance products from beginning to end.
- Ensure client satisfaction through appropriate escalation, risk management, scope control and quality delivery of services.
- Lead planning and design discussions to provide insight into business processes and financial products.
- Manage project initiation, deployment and coordinate all training and ensure project adoption among colleagues and stakeholders.
- Direct and negotiate trade-offs around scope and timelines with the Operations and Lending teams.
- Manage deliverables and resources in a cross-functional organization.
- Develop budgets, schedules and scope with accuracy and timeliness. Provide status updates to necessary individuals.
- Utilize standard project management tools, processes, templates and best practices to ensure quality deliverables.
- Ensure understanding of project(s) outside of the project initiation and deployment phases for stakeholders, and maintain accessibility for questions/presentations on the project(s).
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across the organization to identify and resolve issues.
- Participate in test case creation and coordinate testers during the UAT process.
- Maintain consistent communication and provide status updates for senior management.
- Identify risks and develop effective actionable mitigation plans.
- Create and actively manage a project plan with tasks, milestones, dependencies and due date.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, public administration, economics or finance. Education level will be considered on a holistic basis considering both education and work experience.
- 6+ years of full life cycle project management experience with proven ability to deliver results according to specified scope, budget and timeline. Experience with industry standard project management tools, methodologies and best practices is required.
- PMP Certification is strongly preferred.
- Financial services industry knowledge and/or experience with SBA and CDFI is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to adapt to changing processes within a growing organization and work under pressure while managing priorities appropriately.
- Experience with standard project management tools such as Jira, MS project, Smartsheets. Strong knowledge of project management methodologies including Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience with complex multi-faceted projects. Ability to identify, escalate, resolve issues as they arise.
- Demonstrated ability to take advantage of new concepts, business models, products and technology.
Compensation and Benefits
$100,443.00 To 134,091.00 Annually
How to Apply