Company: Pathway Lending
Location: Nashville, TN
Job Function: Financial Services
Pathway Lending is a Community Development Financial Institution located in Tennessee with offices in Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga and Memphis. Our mission is to provide lending solutions and educational services that supports the development, growth, and preservation of underserved small businesses, affordable housing, and sustainable communities. We are financing businesses and strengthening communities. We connect our clients with the resources they need to seed innovation and investment to create jobs and generate wealth in economically underserved communities.
Under the policy direction of Pathway Lending and the supervision of the SVP Education and Entrepreneurship, this position focuses on providing administrative and client support with a strong emphasis on client-focused work. The role involves helping clients understand and manage their business operations and financial structures, assisting Pathway in providing appropriate capital access, identifying new growth opportunities, and offering coaching related to capital. A significant part of this role is to help clients improve their business models, manage expenses and revenue, and build relationships based on trust and expert advising. The program is funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Offers hands-on business consulting to loan portfolio businesses and applicants, focusing on financial forecasting, accounting, and cash flow management.
- Works with clients to understand and optimize their business operations and financial structures.
- Aids in removing barriers to capital access for clients, providing necessary coaching and guidance.
- Identifies and helps clients recognize new growth opportunities, fostering a supportive and educational environment.
- Builds strong, trusting relationships with clients, offering expert advice to improve business models, reduce expenses, and increase revenue.
- Coordinates with external consultants and business advisors to offer comprehensive support and resources to clients.
- Manages the day-to-day client interactions and program requirements, focusing on client satisfaction and success.
- Conducts responsive and tailored business training programs for Microloan Portfolio clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must excel in customer service and be proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe, with the ability to navigate multiple computer systems. Essential skills include knowledge of small business operations, financial structures, and commercial loan documentation, along with strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal abilities. The role demands an individual who can work independently, think strategically, and build strong relationships based on trust and expert advice. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or economics is required. An M.B.A., CPA, or FP certification is a plus. Five years of experience in job related activities , cost accounting, small business consulting, finance or owning a successful business is preferred. Must exhibit a solid understanding of financial principles, budgeting, and forecasting. Must have experience resolving and working through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits include: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Savings Account, and 401(k) Plan. Fourteen recognized holidays per year and two weeks paid vacation to start.
How to Apply
Send resumes to: Admin@pathwaylending.org