Company: Opportunity Finance Network
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Human Resources
Opportunity Finance Network is growing and seeks a talented customer-focused HR Generalist to play a key role in supporting and executing various HR functions to ensure the effective management of the organization’s talent. This is a hands-on role that requires a well-rounded understanding of HR practices and a passion for fostering a positive and inclusive work environment. This position will work closely across all levels of the organization.
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs headquartered in Washington, D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 390+ member CDFIs to drive transformational change in financially underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesn’t reach. As a financial intermediary, OFN secures private capital for CDFIs through strategic partnerships with leading corporations such as Google and Twitter, mainstream financial institutions such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and philanthropic organizations such as the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. Currently, OFN has an on-balance sheet loan portfolio of $150 million and manages capital on and off-balance sheets of nearly $1 billion and has plans to bring an additional $1 billion in new private capital to the industry.
To learn more, visit www.ofn.org
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. If you have:
- Passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose.
- Courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work.
Come be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. At OFN, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply, nonetheless. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. All staff currently work a hybrid schedule.
- Determine eligibility and coordinate all benefit programs, research, and respond to employee benefits inquiries and/or problems with insurance carriers or third-party administrators, and support the open enrollment process.
- Manage 403(b) plan, update materials, enroll and educate staff.
- Reconcile monthly third-party health and welfare benefit statements; complete all necessary IRS and ERISA testing requirements for Retirement, Health, and Welfare Benefit Plans, submit 5500s under the direction of the SVP, HR.
- Manage OFN’s end-to-end recruitment and selection process; including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and assess and build talent pipelines for various business lines.
- Serve as subject matter expert and administrator for the Human Capital Management System’s human resources, timesheet, and recruiter platform.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records; generate HR reports and analytics as requested.
- Serve as a point of contact for employee inquiries, concerns, and conflict resolution.
- Assist with HR audits to ensure adherence to company policies and legal requirements.
- Manage employee onboarding and offboarding process for OFN staff and interns including E-Verify, COBRA, and HIPAA certification requirements as necessary.
- Compose and update job descriptions as needed for staff.
- Respond to employee verification and reference requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, psychology, or related business degree or 5-7 years of work experience in Human Resources in lieu of a degree; SHRM-CP and/or PHR certification required.
- 3+ years of progressive Human Resource management and benefits administration experience required.
- Demonstrated experience applying employment laws and regulations to work processes.
- Experience in HRIS or HCMS software is highly beneficial.
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment is highly beneficial.
- Demonstrated motivational ability required with a strong ability to foster an environment of positive employee engagement.
- Knowledge of current Federal and State employment labor law and benefits compliance regulations (ERISA, Department of Labor, Internal Revenue Service).
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and benefit plan documents in accordance with appropriate regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, maintain confidentiality, and respond to management/employee customer service requests in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, prioritize conflicting demands, and organize resources to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Advanced written communication skills including the ability to develop and write original communications, policies and procedures, reports, and forms as well as deliver succinct presentations.
- Facilitate the staff activities group with the SVP, HR.
- Digital literacy and ability to navigate workplace technology.
- Comfort working in a small office environment.
- Ability to travel <5% of the time.
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position and the ability to travel.
Supervisor’s Title: SVP, Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
How to Apply
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter here