Company: Opportunity Finance Network
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Other
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs headquartered in Washington, D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 360+ member CDFIs to drive transformational change in financially underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesn’t reach. As a financial intermediary, OFN secures private capital for CDFIs through strategic partnerships with leading corporations such as Google and Twitter, mainstream financial institutions such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and philanthropic organizations such as the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. Currently, OFN has an on-balance sheet loan portfolio of $150 million and manages capital on-and off-balance sheets of nearly $1 billion, and has plans to bring an additional $1 billion in new private capital to the industry.
To learn more, visit www.ofn.org
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. If you:
- Have a passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose.
- Have courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Are a smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work.
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) seeks a motivated Senior Associate, Development Services with experience in content development and management to help deliver on a transformative new project to attract the next generation of a talented and diverse CDFI workforce, as well as create tailored training and professional development opportunities to help existing CDFI professionals advance within the industry.
Specifically, this person will be responsible for coordinating across internal departments and with external stakeholders, such as industry partners and OFN member CDFIs, to support the creation of events, trainings, and best practices resources to ensure CDFIs have the staff, skills, and expertise needed to accelerate greater economic impact in rural, urban, and Native communities.
Come be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. At OFN, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply nonetheless. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. All staff currently work a hybrid schedule.
- Project management: coordination and supporting facilitation of in-person and virtual training/events, webinars, and peer learning around best practices that support and build effective and efficient lending, operations, communications, policy advocacy, and impact at CDFIs.
- Support content development and management by analyzing and synthesizing information from various qualitative and quantitative sources via one-on-one calls, stakeholder meetings, working groups, events, online forums, datasets, and publications to help inform and create actionable content for CDFI industry professionals.
- Work with internal departments to facilitate dissemination and adoption of resources, training, and other services to external stakeholders and OFN member CDFIs.
- Analyze feedback, program evaluations, and other data to inform continuous improvement of team’s capacity-building services to OFN members and, more broadly, the CDFI industry.
- Assist with conference session planning and content review for OFN’s annual industry conference.
- Develop sector expertise to support the Network Services team with the implementation of special initiatives supporting OFN membership and the CDFI industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years of direct professional work experience in lieu of degree.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in project management, communications, organizational development, or community development.
- Experience in and comfort with presentation and adult education skills such as content development, public speaking, meeting facilitation, event design, curriculum development, training delivery, and/or technical assistance provision highly desired.
- Experience with presentation and educational platforms such as CVENT, Zoom, Canvas, GoToMeeting is preferrable.
- Experience working in a CDFI or with CDFIs is valuable.
- Experience with CRMs is a plus.
- Exposure working with one or more priority markets (rural, Native, communities of color, persistently poor) is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with emphasis on clarity, conciseness, relevance, and the ability to appropriately adjust for different audiences.
- Strong project manager with superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently under minimal supervision as well as ability to set priorities and meet deadlines under pressure without sacrificing quality.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with ability to engage and listen effectively both in-person and virtually.
- Digital literacy and ability to navigate workplace technology.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teams across OFN.
- Understanding of the CDFI business model and community development finance preferred.
- Comfort working in a small-office environment and/or experience working in a nonprofit environment preferred.
- Moderate travel required (15% of time)
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume here.