Company: Opportunity Finance Network
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Other
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs headquartered in Washington, D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 390+ member CDFIs to drive transformational change in financially underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesn’t reach. As a financial intermediary, OFN secures private capital for CDFIs through strategic partnerships with leading corporations such as Google and Twitter, mainstream financial institutions such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and philanthropic organizations such as the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. Currently, OFN has an on-balance sheet loan portfolio of $150 million and manages capital on-and off-balance sheets of nearly $1 billion, and has plans to bring an additional $1 billion in new private capital to the industry.
To learn more, visit www.ofn.org
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. If you:
- Have a passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose.
- Have courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Are a smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work.
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) seeks a motivated Senior Associate, Development Services with experience in content development and management to help deliver on OFN’s transformative new NextGen CDFI Workforce Initiative, as well as ensure member CDFIs have access to the tools, skills, and expertise they need to accelerate greater economic impact in rural, urban, and Native communities.
Specifically, this person will be responsible for supporting and managing the content development process, including facilitating opportunities for peer learning and feedback loops with OFN CDFI members; collaborating with subject matter experts externally and internally; and synthesizing information to curate, create, and maintain actionable content that delivers value to the CDFI industry. Examples of content include leading practice toolkits on a range of topics such as operationalizing racial equity and inclusion in lending, impact measurement, and succession planning; in-person event sessions; and webinars.
Come be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. At OFN, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply nonetheless. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. All staff currently work a hybrid schedule.
- Content development and management: analyze and synthesize information from various qualitative and quantitative sources via one-on-one calls, stakeholder meetings, working groups, events, online forums, datasets, and publications to help inform and create actionable content for CDFI industry professionals.
- Community-building: facilitate and help develop opportunities and spaces for peer learning through working groups and CDFI Connect, the CDFI industry’s online community.
- Work with internal departments to facilitate dissemination and adoption of content and other services to external stakeholders and OFN member CDFIs.
- Analyze feedback, program evaluations, and other data to inform continuous improvement of team’s content and services to OFN members and, more broadly, the CDFI industry.
- Assist with conference session planning and content review for OFN’s events, including the annual OFN conference, Small Business Finance Forum, and CONNECT+ Forum.
- Develop sector expertise to support the Network Services team with the implementation of special initiatives supporting OFN membership and the CDFI industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years of direct professional work experience in lieu of degree.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in project management, communications, organizational development, or community development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with emphasis on clarity, conciseness, and relevance.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex concepts into clear and actionable content. Experience with
- synthesizing, curating, and developing content for various audiences highly desired.
- Strong project manager with superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently under minimal supervision as well as ability to set priorities and meet deadlines under pressure without sacrificing quality.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with ability to engage and listen effectively both in-person and virtually.
- Understanding of the CDFI business model and community development finance preferred. Experience working in a CDFI or with CDFIs is valuable.
- Experience with CRMs is a plus.
- Exposure working with one or more priority markets (rural, Native, communities of color, persistently poor) is a plus.
- Experience with presentation and educational platforms such as CVENT, Zoom, Canvas, GoToMeeting is valuable.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teams across OFN.
- Comfort working in a small-office environment and/or experience working in a nonprofit environment preferred.
- Moderate travel required (15% of time)
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume here.