Company: Opportunity Finance Network
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs headquartered in Washington, D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 350+ member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in financially underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesn’t reach. As a financial intermediary, OFN secures private capital for CDFIs through strategic partnerships with leading corporations such as Google and Twitter, mainstream financial institutions such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo, and philanthropic organizations such as the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. Currently OFN has an on-balance sheet loan portfolio of $150 million and manages capital on-and off-balance sheet of nearly $1 billion and has plans to bring additional $1 billion in new private capital to the industry.
To learn more, visit www.ofn.org
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. If you:
- Have a passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose.
- Have courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Are a smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work.
The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for management of Salesforce technology across the organization. In addition, there is opportunity to also assist in managing SharePoint, Microsoft Access, and online community platforms. You will be part of a team that recommends improved technology systems for the organization. This is a great opportunity to really lean in on several different IT and system areas within the organization in addition to Salesforce administration.
Come be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. At OFN, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply nonetheless. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. All staff currently work a hybrid schedule.
- Serve as internal salesforce administrator; assist with additional organizational software systems including SharePoint and Azure.
- Ensure optimal performance of Salesforce systems and products.
- Identify and gather requirements, translating into best practice, scalable solutions with a focus on exceptional user experience; Identify unused or underutilized platform features.
- Create a platform roadmap, define priorities, and liaise with stakeholders.
- Manage Salesforce vendor(s) as needed for ongoing support, enhancements, and projects. Collaborate with vendor(s) to ensure that OFN stakeholder needs and organizational priorities are represented.
- Upgrade and configure Salesforce systems for optimized integration.
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user maintenance, modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and other routine tasks such as manage Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and groups.
- Import leads, contacts, and other data.
- Perform database maintenance tasks, including diagnostic tests and duplicate entry cleansing.
- Evaluate and install new Salesforce releases, as well as providing training and support.
- Document processes, including error reports and changes to field history tables.
- Communicate platform changes to end users and stakeholders.
- Train new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization.
- Draft instructional manuals and training guides for new software and system updates.
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate technology related and information management policies and practices (such as emergency plans, back-up procedures, document management policies, etc.)
- Provide additional IT support, recommendations, and trainings when as needed; additional support may include SQL database management on Azure, Microsoft Azure Active Directory management, security monitoring, and collaboration on emerging technology across the organization (about 30% time)
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years of work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Salesforce certified administrator or Salesforce advanced administrator certification preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Salesforce administrator and maintenance of Salesforce systems in a small office environment preferred.
- Experience in performing Salesforce upgrades and ensuring successful integration preferred.
- Strong ability to create and maintain Salesforce databases, keen eye towards continuous improvement of the platform and end-user experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products and their functionalities, including knowledge of importing sales data and generating Salesforce reports
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge working with SharePoint online, Window Server 2012/2016/2019, and Azure active directory helpful.
- Experience providing helpdesk support and troubleshooting systems helpful.
- Advanced digital literacy and ability to navigate advanced workplace technology and software.
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills required to independently manage multiple tasks, prioritize work on diverse assignments with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced setting under minimal supervision in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to work well with diverse constituents is required.
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Occasional travel required (5% of time).
- Knowledge of and commitment to community development is beneficial.
- Comfortable working in a small office environment.
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position and include ability to lift and move computing equipment, access racks & cable connections from low ladder and data ports and connections under or behind heavy furniture.
How to Apply
Complete the application and submit your resume and cover letter here.