Company: CLIMB Fund
Location: Charleston, SC
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
CLIMB Fund is a small business in Charleston, SC. We are professional, agile, innovative and our goal is to CLIMB Fund is a not-for-profit Community Development lender whose mission is to ensure access to capital for entrepreneurs and small businesses that cannot secure traditional financing. CLIMB Fund has more than 40 years of history lending to entrepreneurs who have been turned away by for-profit banks. There are numerous iconic local businesses we’ve helped start and grow, but the most important impacts we have are providing new pathways to success and helping people realize their dreams.
The CLIMB Fund gives rise to equity and opportunity, helping communities reach new heights. Established in 1979, the CLIMB Fund invests in microenterprise for maximum community benefit. As a non-profit Community Development Finance Institution (CDFI), we leverage capital to create local impact, elevate opportunity, and advance social and economic justice. We are seeking a Risk Manager to join our growing team.
The Risk Manager is responsible for the CLIMB Fund’s two riskiest areas: its loan portfolio and its credit underwriting. The position includes monitoring asset quality, working with CLIMB Fund clients after loans have been funded, supervising the underwriting performed by the lending team, supervising the portfolio team, evaluating underwriting and loan servicing software, systems, and procedures, as well as providing ad hoc support to the lending and accounting teams.
- Supervises the Portfolio Coordinator’s servicing of the loan portfolio, including invoicing, initiating ACH payments, accepting and posting payments, and reports activities to credit bureaus
- Supervises the Closing Coordinator’s preparation of loan closing documents and coordination of loan closings with borrowers and attorneys
- Works with CLIMB Fund clients to smoothly handle unique needs and challenging situations
- Underwrites and presents loan modifications, restructuring, and additional credit needs of clients
- Assists in the development of lending and technical assistance programs
- Performs credit analysis and collateral evaluation
- Understands and adheres to internal loan policies
- Ensures collateral lien perfection
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements from borrowers, monthly, and annually, and works with Client Advisory Services to support troubled clients or to report client successes
- Directs annual credit review, reports data for impact measurement
- Reports on CLIMB Fund activities for internal and for external funding sources and accreditation institutions
- Works with delinquent clients, leads asset recovery efforts and is point of contact for legal counsel
- Office operations, including serving as contact various venders supporting office operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent field-related experience
- Business credit / underwriting experience
- Strong analytical, time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience/knowledge of South Carolina business and geography
- Impeccable personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of borrower data
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and CRM software tools
- Eager to invest time in meaningful opportunities, working within diverse communities, and continued learning
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary to commensurate with experience, expected ~$65,000 – $80,000
- Generous retirement plan match
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 20+ days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year, including holidays, and a flexible schedule
CLIMB Fund is an is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+, and other underrepresented applicants.
YES, THIS MEANS YOU!
We’ve read the research and we know that some folks might read our post and think “I only have nine out of ten qualifications.” If our mission and this job speaks to you, and you have the interest and ability to work smart, learn, and grow with us, then we want you to apply for this job. Even if this is not the exact right opportunity for you, we want to know about you and keep you in mind for future posts.
How to Apply
Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.