Company: Mill Cities Community Investments
Location: Lawrence, MA
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Mill Cities Community Investments (MCCI) bridges the capital access gap in low-to-moderate income communities and under-resourced populations in the Merrimack Valley and expands across Massachusetts through a range of low-cost loan programs and technical assistance to homeowners and businesses. MCCI is a U.S. Treasury-certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and a state-certified Community Development Corporation (CDC).
To support MCCI’s mission and growth by increasing residential mortgage loans. Proactively and consistently generates new residential business to meet established loan production and quality goals. Consistently identifies, develops, and maintains a quality network of client relationships that serve as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities and manages the pipeline(s) associated with origination through closing.
The Residential Loan Officer is also responsible for loan origination and processing, underwriting, evaluating, and making sound recommendations for mortgage loan requests and closing. This includes but is not limited to evaluating borrowers’ risk on both new and existing obligations ensuring quality and soundness for the loan.
- Meet with prospective loan applicants to discuss loan needs.
- Originate loans for all residential loan programs using the Encompass Loan Origination System plus any other systems involved in the loan origination process. Take the loan application and evaluate the customer’s eligibility for specific loan products.
- Ensure all disclosures are provided and executed timely to ensure closings are handled as agreed.
- Ensure compliance with established underwriting guidelines, quality, and production guidelines
- Coordinates with clients and partners to compile all necessary documentation to process and complete mortgage loan files.
- Deliver complete and comprehensive loan packages in the time frames set by management.
- Maintain high levels of customer service while managing each applicant’s expectations. Maintain communication with borrowers, local rehabilitation agency, contractors, attorneys, and other involved parties, throughout the loan process.
- Monitor the loan application’s progress, communicating with relevant partners, investors, and vendors. Serve as an advocate for the loan customer collecting data and participating in problem-solving as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside entities that will provide leads and access to potential borrowers for loan products/programs. (i.e., Municipalities, Local Rehab Agencies, Home Improvement Contractors, etc.).
- Verifies all documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Review loan package assessing risk based on investor or loan program and ensure compliance with agreed upon underwriting standards.
- Orders and updates needed documents (i.e., credit report, title rundown, homeowner insurance, etc.).
- Prepare in-depth written financial analysis of loan requests in compliance with underwriting guidelines.
- Clearly present financial analysis for review and credit approval to the Residential Loan Committee, answering any questions or concerns.
- Take the lead role on the problem-solving team to identify alternatives for customers who do not qualify as presented and communicate these alternatives to appropriate staff and/or investor as needed and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of various loan programs utilized by the organization, and apply the appropriate eligibility criteria (credit, income, location, etc.) to each loan included in each loan package.
- Advise and guide prospective clients who don’t qualify for traditional loans by suggesting alternative loans and/or ways to correct credit issues.
- Ensure all closing conditions have been cleared and the loan is ready to close.
- Verifies compliance with regulatory and program requirements.
- Coordinate the loan closing process with the customer.
- Generate and review closing documents.
- Ensure accurate and timely upload of all closed loans to investors and deliver notes prior to lock expiration.
- Follow established policies and procedures to ensure the successful transfer of servicing and benefits rights of loans to specific investors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as business administration, Business, Accounting, Finance, Community and Economic development or equivalent experience
- At least two years of mortgage lending as a loan originator or underwriter, preferred or relevant professional experience
- Strong communication and analytical/technical skills, including financial accounting, modeling and loan structuring
- Up to date license as a MA Mortgage Loan Originator License or obtain one within 60 days of start.
- MA notary public or the ability to become a notary public within 60 days.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is preferred.
- Ability to service multi-cultural customer base
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Solid computer skills including: MS Excel, Word, Google Drive, as well as highly comfortable with databases.
- Valid driver license
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and time management
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range: $65,000 – $75,000
Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.