Location: Beaufort, SC
Job Function: Project Management
CommunityWorks is a non-profit certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and an SBA micro lender committed to building financial equity by providing resources that support small business growth, entrepreneurship, and homeownership. Collectively, our programs, expertise and partnerships help build stronger and more just communities.
For over 14 years, CW has created opportunities for people, communities and entrepreneurs in the Upstate community and throughout South Carolina, with a focus on people and communities of color. Our programs focus on equitable access to financial coaching, connections with one-on-one business coaching, access to loans to build small business, develop affordable housing, and building credit and assets. Since its inception, CW served over 7,352 and has generated over $382 million in local economic impact.
Diversity, justice, and inclusion are key values within CommunityWorks. We are committed to building and sustaining an inclusive, equitable working environment for our staff. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
CommunityWorks is seeking a Regional Program Director to help manage and lead the Beaufort-Jasper Regional Housing Trust Fund to support the growth of the fund by strengthening existing relationships, and forming new partnerships with local banks, hospitals, businesses, nonprofits and government agencies. The strength of these partnerships will be built on the foundation of a shared vision for this region.
The Program Director will work under CommunityWorks senior leadership to build the fund. The Program Director will also work with developers and real estate agents to identify and pursue potential affordable housing projects, catalyzing the construction of affordable housing and educate the community on housing fund and CommunityWorks programs and products. Additionally, the Program Director will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Fund’s lending in conjunction with CW’s Director of Lending. The Program Director will provide technical support to assess project applications for the acquisition, predevelopment, construction, and financing of affordable housing in real estate projects. The Program Director will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manage the funding revenue for the RHTF and its related programs
- Work with local partners and stakeholders to keep a pulse on changing housing needs in the region
- Maintain and regularly update a database of affordable housing units in the region
- Work with the RHTF board to deliver clearly defined programs for housing partners
- Work with the RHTF board to develop transparent, fair, and equitable processes for residential applicants
- Research and explore public revenue funding sources and build relationships with private sector partners and philanthropists
- Manage and assess applications to the RHTF and determine eligibility for and level of funding for proposed projects and programs
- Disburse funds with RHTF approval and track adherence to project schedule, project goals, and troubleshoot any barriers to implementation
- Work with the RHTF board to determine affordability rates for different housing types as well as the number of units needed to meet established targets
- Develop program evaluation criteria and annual reports to analyze program success and compliance
- Research and explore housing affordability strategies, programs, and policies of peer organizations at the city and county levels across the nation
- Ability to build close, collaborative, and working relationships with public-private partnerships including but not limited to government entities, developers, and financial institutions
- Ability to develop staffing and financial plans for the RHTF that enable the Housing Trust Fund to meet the strategic economic and community development goals of the region
- Ability to oversee the production and accuracy of project and program reporting and financial documents as ultimate oversight for RHTF financial performance
- Ability to perform essential functions of RHTF management including: organize, assign, and coordinate work of self and others; maintain confidentiality of files and office communication; use technology including Microsoft Office Suite and other programs as required by the position
- Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking oriented environment and meet deadlines with high-quality work products
- Ability to oversee the production and accuracy of project and program reporting and financial documents
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including an ability to engage in consistent, detailed documentation of work performed.
- Excellent communication and customer services skills, both verbally and written
- Director-level leadership experience in the housing, community development, and/ or economic development sectors
- Successful experience managing HUD-funded programs including CDBG and HOME programs
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org