Records and Compliance Manager
Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Advocacy/Policy
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org
The Records and Compliance Manager will drive the implementation of information governance, corporate compliance initiatives and data privacy efforts by applying industry-leading practices and methodologies that ensure consistent, accurate and accessible company records and internal controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and manage the organizations records, policies and procedures by applying appropriate access and control, classification, retention and disposition to ensure compliance and consistency across the enterprise
- Manage data privacy efforts, by leading external monitoring reviews, serving as the focal point to internal staff, developing new processes as needed and ensuring organizational consistency
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of compliance and internal controls, compliance procedures and operational processes
- Partner with all staff to identify barriers to accessing information or inconsistencies and apply industry standards and best practices to information management, classification, data categorization
- Work on ad hoc projects, routing assignments, and recurring tasks under the direction of Compliance leadership
- Create and distribute guidance and best practices to standardize information sharing and management across departments
- 8+ years of records and compliance management experience
- Technical experience managing cloud-based file storage and intranet systems (i.e., SharePoint/O362, Box, Share Drives, Outlook)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including effective interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize and to balance multiple tasks, tenacious with follow up to close out tasks, pending items and deliverables
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional certification (CCEP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Information Management, Business Administration or a related field
- Experience in data privacy, data protection, policy/procedure life cycle management, conflicts of interest, risk management
- Certified Records Manager credential a plus
- Project Management experience a plus
- Some experience with non-profits and/or the Community Development field
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits
LISC is an equal opportunity employer. LISC does not discriminate in employment on account of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military status or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
How to Apply
To apply please submit your application using this link: Records and Compliance Manager