Location: Remote, All
Job Function: Credit
Aeris guides capital to good®
Aeris® Ratings, analyses, and data cover more than 150 CDFIs managing more than $19 billion in capital. We have helped more than 200 investors – from financial institutions to wealth managers – source, underwrite, and monitor investments in CDFI loan funds.
At Aeris, we envision a future where all communities are vibrant, racial equity is the norm, and environmental sustainability is a reality. We believe it is possible to achieve large scale, lasting social, environmental, and economic impact through the work of CDFIs, which go far and deep in serving the hardest to serve communities. Aeris provides analysis and data that helps broaden and increase investments in CDFIs.
Aeris® seeks an experienced financial services professional to join its rating analysis team as Quality Standards Manager. Aeris’ analyses and rating reports on community development loan funds (“CDFIs”) cover financial strength and performance (based on the CAMEL methodology), and the effectiveness of the social and environmental impact management of the CDFIs’ programs. These reports are written by experienced analysts and the Quality Standards Manager works closely with the analysts and the operations team, with the responsibility to ensure the depth and accuracy of due diligence and the clarity of writing, as well as to coach and mentor analysts through the process.
You will perform a quality review of the CDFI draft rating reports written by Aeris analysts to ensure that
- Analyses address all relevant issues related to the financial strength and performance and impact management effectiveness;
- Opinions are relevant, sound, and substantiated;
- Narrative meets a publication quality standard;
- Facts and figures are accurate; and
- Report adheres to Aeris’ format and writing conventions.
You also will
- Coach and mentor analysts to hone their analysis and writing skills;
- Contribute to the refinement of analysis presentations, identification of emerging issues for the field, and development of tools to support the analysts; and
- Participate in Rating Committees.
This is a full or part time (minimum 20-hour-week), work-from-home position. Some flexibility to accommodate fluctuating workflow and deadlines is required.
Your professional experience and skills should include
- Deep experience in financial due diligence, particularly in underwriting financial institutions or structured funds for investment, including qualitative aspects of organizations.
- Interest and success in coaching and mentoring credit underwriters.
- Sound judgement of financial strengths and weaknesses.
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts.
- Writing skills of publication quality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Additional desirable qualities include:
- Understanding the issues, trends, and operations of community investment loan funds or other sectors of the impact investment field;
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full or part time (minimum 20-hour-week), work-from-home position. Salary based on experience and full or part time schedule.
How to Apply
Please send statements of qualifications electronically to: Karen Seabury, Director of Ratings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statements of Qualifications should include:
- A cover letter stating your interest and relevant experience
- A full resume or CV
Search: Quality Standards Manager
Aeris Insight Inc.
100 South Juniper Street, Third Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107