Location: Chicago, IL
Job Function: Accounting
IFF is a mission-driven lender, real estate consultant, and developer that helps communities thrive. Key to our success has been a deep sense of purpose, a broad perspective, and a relentless focus on achieving positive results. Across the Midwest we help clients from every sector, including human service agencies, health centers, schools, affordable housing developers, and healthy food grocery operators. Staff contribute extensive business experience and an unrivaled connection to the
mission of IFF to the clients we serve.
IFF is looking for candidates with a commitment to the work we do who can demonstrate their creativity, diligence, enthusiasm, growth-mindset, thoughtfulness, and passion to make meaningful change in the areas of economic and racial justice.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Partnering to create thriving communities is at the heart of everything we do. We leverage knowledge, capital, and resources to advance equitable and transformational outcomes in under-resourced communities, guided by our commitment to be an inclusive, anti-racist and anti-oppressive institution that honors communities as asset-rich and as experts in their own stories.
Title: Project Associate, Asset Management
Employee Status: Full-Time Exempt
Grant Funded: No
Reports to: Vice President of Asset Management
Department: Asset Management
Location: Chicago, IL
Department Function: Maintain a real estate portfolio developed, leased, and owned by IFF.
Basic Job Function
The Project Associate is an active team member who supports real estate developed, owned, and leased by IFF. The Project Associate can work on multiple projects simultaneously, participates in departmental meetings for projects, coordinates data collection and review of information related to the performance of the real estate, is an active team member and supports the work of the Vice President and Senior Project Manager, as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Project Associate assists in the coordination of all aspects of real estate projects and sites, including coordination of third-party vendors and payments, scheduling, and review of site visits throughout the area, and manages documentation and regular required filings for properties.
- Documents information regarding leases, rental rates, terminations, regulatory requirements, and other information to guide planning and coordination; manages electronic file organization.
- Prepares financial analysis and other data tracking through project-related spreadsheets and IFF wide Systems (Dynamics 365/Sage/Sisense). Works with Asset Management and property management team to create and maintain relevant Real Estate performance reporting. Supports overall Budgeting and Forecast processes. Collects, edits, enters, and verifies data and maintains assigned computer databases (CRM) for Asset Management. Develops, prepares, and distributes reports (Excel or through our BI tool Sisense) to provide accurate and timely information to users working closely with the Data Analytics Team on behalf of Asset Management. Supports integration and analytics related to cross functional work with a primary focus on the interdependencies with the Development team.
- Communicates with lessees, property managers, IFF staff, project funders, municipalities, and stakeholders to ensure the efficient operation of properties.
- Provides organizational support for Asset Management properties.
- Demonstrates independent learning and interest in projects and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful management and coordination of projects according to goals for each property.
- Information collected and well-organized; high level of internal and external client satisfaction with respect to services provided, attention to detail.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues and obtains a high level of satisfaction with respect to work performed.
- Internal and external meetings are facilitated in an organized way and are meaningful to the participants.
- Presentations and reports are clear, well organized, comprehensive, and persuasive. Communicates data and information effectively with wide range of diverse audiences.
- Cultivates a culture of openness in information sharing. Encourages open communication, cooperation, and the sharing of knowledge.
- Models personal accountability that promotes ownership and engagement.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues, peers, and team members.
- Values and supports differences in others, contributing to an inclusive work environment. Demonstrates the ability and willingness to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to create a collaborative, collegial, and caring community.
- High level of satisfaction with both internal and external contacts.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in urban planning, urban studies, community development, or business. A demonstrated interest and experience in real estate and project management is an acceptable equivalent to specific degrees.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of real estate development, property management, and processes.
- Basic knowledge of affordable housing and community development preferred.
- Analytical, problem solving and strategic skills; ability to plan, manage and implement multiple projects; and ability to understand and conceptualize project goals.
- General understanding, interest, and facility with data and financial information; ability to gather and assess information from multiple sources.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- One to two years of experience working in a real estate environment.
- Ability to think creatively about problems.
Additional Requirements: Some travel throughout the region; able to visit and inspect vacant and active properties.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary and benefits are discussed in interview.
How to Apply
Application Instructions: Please visit our Careers section of our website to apply online. https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=i5214&fs=1.0em
Both a resume and cover letter are required.
IFF does not offer relocation packages; must be authorized to work in the United States; IFF does not offer sponsorship.