Company: Rural Community Assistance Corporation
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Job Function: Other
Provide general and specific ongoing contract and program support to RCAC’s Grants and Contracts Administration (GCA) and management team. Review and track program deliverables and required program reports.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assist contract leads and GCA staff with data collection and reporting processes; process incoming contracts according to company policy; oversee and maintain current auditable program files and archive; ensure timely delivery of monthly and quarterly reports; coordinate report and contract related issues with field staff and subcontractors; assist with management of program reporting databases; and assist GCA staff with small budget development, invoice documentation and procurement processes.
Specific job goals, objectives and tasks are established for each employee as part of the annual evaluation and work plan process. Examples of responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attend coordination meetings, participate on contract teams, report on contract activities
- Track contract data, prepare reports, provide data to GCA lead
- Assist in routine maintenance of data stored in Unanet, RCAC’s project management system
- Serve as liaison between contract leads and GCA on program data and information needed for reporting and invoicing purposes
- Maintain and oversee current auditable contract files, processes and other contract-related documentation using paper copies, electronic files and electronic database records
- Work and coordinate with field staff members and/or subcontractors to ensure timely delivery of monthly and quarterly report information to be provided to program funding source
- Conduct analysis of staff entries into reporting databases to ensure that high quality information is being forwarded to program funders
- Assist contract leads with reports and data collection
- Collect and file reporting materials and backup documentation
- Provide administrative support to RCAC’s Procurement and Subaward Committee
- Assist in processing, mailing and tracking subcontracts
- Assist GCA staff with compiling and summarizing budgets and providing other contract-related information to contract leads for appropriate implementation
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of database concepts and common data processing issues
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (including Excel, Access and presentation programs)
- Able to effectively listen and communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to proofread and edit documents
- Desire to be a team player and provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients
- Ability to plan strategically, organize and prioritize work to meet established timelines
- Ability to use initiative to approach troubleshooting and problem-solving alternatives
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and effectively prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of project management and budgeting
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work performed in an office requires the ability to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment, including telephone. Use may be moderate (average 2 hours per day) to heavy (4 or more hours per day)
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time; walk; talk; hear; use hand to finger; handle; feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee may occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This position may also require moderate (up to 5 days per quarter) automobile and airline travel, including overnight travel.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A combination of experience and/or education is preferred to qualify for the position. A typical combination may include:
- Three (3) years of applicable experience in office administration and/or database processing, and a variety of related duties (education may be substituted for experience).
- Associate degree (additional qualifying experience may be substituted).
Possession of a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance that meets the minimum requirements ($100,000/$300,000) of RCAC corporate liability policy may be required when traveling for business purposes.
RCAC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all employees and job applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status, or any other status protected by law. RCAC strives to reflect the diverse constituencies that the organization serves.
Compensation and Benefits