Program Officer, Supportive Housing (Santikos)
Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Function: Community Outreach
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC San Antonio is seeking a full time, tenure limited Program Officer to serve as the inaugural Santikos Capacity Builder to develop and execute collaborative strategies and actions toward creation of permanent supportive housing (PSH) and other supportive housing projects, for a term of 24 months. This is a grant-funded position.
The Program Officer (PO) will work as part of the LISC San Antonio team to advance program and operational goals and the LISC San Antonio Strategic Plan, and will have responsibility to:
- Build the supportive housing program capacity, sustainability and expertise of local housing and social service providers by identifying nationwide best practices, information sources, training opportunities and other resources, and sharing with providers, local government, funders and other system partners.
- Work to better align the supportive housing system, including convening and facilitating meetings, trainings, workshops, and information sessions, both virtually and in person; serving as a hub for communications; and providing staff support for partners’ meetings, including scheduling, logistical arrangements, and taking and distribution of minutes.
- Maintain mutually trusting relationships with housing and social service providers, financial institutions, funders, advocates, neighborhood associations, local government officials, consultants, contractors, civic leaders, residents and other stakeholders to implement projects and programs.
- Serve as the first Santikos Capacity Builder and coordinate program activities with the San Antonio Area Foundation.
- Actively participate with local, state and national strategic coalitions to share information and develop partner responses to community needs.
- As needed to support program work, hire and manage consultants and their budgets; report to funders and other external and internal partners.
- Process and monitor grants to non-profit organizations involved in the supportive housing system.
- Throughout all activities, enunciate and maintain a focus on equity by closing racial and ethnic gaps in housing access and stability.
- Identify and secure new resources for program growth.
- Understand and apply project management tools and processes.
- Work with local communications staff to strategically communicate program success, raise the profile and acceptance of supportive housing and advocate for systems change.
- This is a hybrid position. At least 40% of job functions will be performed from the San Antonio Local Office.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required or significant relevant related work experience can be used as proxy
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in community development, community organizing, program management or a related field.
- The successful applicant will be a self-starter with strengths in some or all the following areas: written and verbal communication, facilitation, training, project management, research, and budgeting.
- The successful candidate should have experience with the homelessness response system and/or real estate development, preferably in affordable housing finance. Lived experience is substantial plus.
- A strong commitment to furthering social and economic equity is required; experience in a non-profit environment is helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex matters and programs at various stages and to coordinate with multiple internal and external parties to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of the economic, political and social environments of the San Antonio area and/or South Texas region preferred.
- Some travel to attend remote learning and training opportunities will be necessary (1-2 times per month)
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Compensation and Benefits
- Term: 24-month grant funded position
- Compensation will include a full benefits package
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
LISC is an equal opportunity employer. LISC does not discriminate in employment on account of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military status or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
How to Apply
To apply please follow this link: https://grnh.se/33e909ba5us