Program Officer, Economic Development (Santikos)
Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Function: Community Outreach
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Rhode Island to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
LISC San Antonio is seeking a full time, temporary Program Officer to serve as the inaugural Santikos Capacity Builder to guide, execute and support our small business ecosystem and economic development efforts for a term of 30 months. This is a grant-funded position.
- 30-month grant funded role
- Compensation will include a full benefits package
The Program Officer (PO) will work as part of the LISC San Antonio team to advance program and operational goals and the LISC San Antonio Strategic Plan, and will have responsibility to:
- Build the programmatic capacity, sustainability and expertise of local Business Development Organizations and other partners in the small business ecosystem by identifying nationwide best practices, information sources, training opportunities and other resources, and sharing with BDO Alliance and small business ecosystem partners.
- Work with the BDO Alliance to better align services, including convening and facilitating meetings, trainings, workshops, information sessions, both virtually and in person; serve as a hub for communications; and provide staff support for the BDO Alliance, including scheduling, meeting arrangements, taking and distribution of minutes.
- Maintain mutually trusting relationships with small business service providers, financial institutions, funders, local government officials, consultants, contractors, community leaders, residents and other stakeholders to implement projects and programs.
- Actively participate with local, state and national strategic coalitions to share information and develop partner responses to community needs.
- Serve as the first Santikos Capacity Builder and coordinate program activities with the San Antonio Area Foundation.
- As needed to support small business ecosystem improvement work, hire and manage consultants and their budgets; report to funders and other external and internal partners.
- Process and monitor grants to members of the BDO Alliance and other non-profit organizations involved in the small business ecosystem.
- Develop and coordinate delivery of executive coaching program for BDO Alliance leaders.
- Identify and secure new resources for program growth.
- Throughout all activities, enunciate and maintain a focus on equitable asset formation.
- Understand and apply project management tools and processes.
- Work with local communications staff to strategically communicate program success, raise the profile and acceptance of community-based economic development strategies and advocate for systems change.
- This is a hybrid position. At least 40% of job functions will be performed from the San Antonio Local Office.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred or relevant related work experience can be used as a proxy
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in community development, community organizing, program management or a related field.
- The successful applicant will be a self-starter with strengths in some or all the following areas: written and verbal communication, facilitation, training, project management, research, and budgeting.
- Candidates should have an interest or a background in economic development with a focus on supporting small businesses.
- Entrepreneurial or small business ownership (lived experience) is a substantial plus.
- A strong commitment to furthering social and economic equity is required; experience in a non-profit environment is helpful.
- Some travel to attend remote training opportunities will be necessary (1-2 times per month).
- Working knowledge of the economic, political and social environments of the San Antonio area and/or South Texas region preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex matters and programs at various stages and to coordinate with multiple internal and external parties to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
How to Apply
To apply please follow this link https://grnh.se/d1beb2a25us