Company: ECDI - Economic and Community Development Institute
Location: Columbus, OH
Job Function: Business Development
ECDI is a nonprofit organization, dedicated to serving underserved and underbanked small business owners. Our goal is to assure that every entrepreneur – regardless of where they came from, where they live, their gender or their race – has access to funding and the business mentoring services they need to succeed.
We’re based in Columbus, with offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron, Portsmouth, and Toledo. For small business clients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, we serve a one-stop resource center.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent while providing learning and professional advancement opportunities for our employees. We strive to advance our mission and bring equitable opportunity to all those we serve and employ.
The Economic and Community Development Institute is an Affirmative Action Employer and members of underrepresented communities and demographics are particularly encouraged to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ and people with disabilities.
ECDI Women’s Business Centers of Ohio (WBCs) are a program of nonprofit community lender, ECDI. ECDI is the largest SBA microlender in the United States, we provide affordable lending and comprehensive small business development services to help underbanked people and communities join the economic mainstream. At the WBC we are dedicated to eliminating the obstacles women face in the world of business by providing resources, training and access to capital.
As an integral member of the ECDI Women’s Business Center (WBC) team, the WBC Program Coordinator helps entrepreneurs start and grow lasting businesses to strengthen their communities, create jobs, and achieve their dreams. This role works with and supports the WBC Director of Central Ohio to meet the needs and day-to-day functions of all program goals. They will collaborate and interact with a wide range of personalities and be service-oriented and driven to meet the needs of entrepreneurial clients and community and contribute to the growth of the program over time. They will also use attention to detail for essential reporting and other paperwork. They will utilize technology and software to leverage the strategic goals of the WBC.
This position is a hybrid role required to spend some time on site per manager direction.
Candidates for this position must be located in the Central Ohio Area.
- Promote membership in WBC and renewals and plan monthly networking events.
- Coordinate the execution of training events and programing at the Women’s Business Center of Central Ohio.
- Conduct surveys with WBC members to track training needs, business growth, and job creation at least annually and compile survey results.
- Conduct tours of the WBC for partners and potential members.
- Collaborate with staff to plan and execute ECDI information sessions.
- Support the recruiting of small business owners to the WBC and programs provided
- Work with WBC program partners and external resources to develop entrepreneurial programs.
- Prepare class descriptions and print and digital marketing materials for email marketing distribution.
- Responsible for preparation of training materials, registration lists and sign in sheets, PowerPoints, etc., as well as set up of training space and clean up; assure that training evaluations are completed by attendees.
- Record and track all training evaluations and prepare data for reporting.
- Assist with all marketing materials for the WBC including events, trainings, partner activities, campaigns, and newsletters, and assist with distribution.
- Conduct outreach activities with partner organizations.
- Process new members and update the membership database
- Assist WBC members with computer usage, printing services, referrals to partner agencies and other questions that may arise.
- Provide technical assistance to small business owners in support of their needs or make referrals to resources available to members of the WBC.
- Conduct intake of new members and leads to connect them with internal resources.
- Manage member resource center including library, informational manual, community resources, and informational materials.
- Assists with loan origination.
- Assist with collecting and recording of program fees, all customer payments and client documents, direct traffic through office.
- Conduct administrative activities for the WBC such as staff calendars and client inquiries.
- Collaborate with staff to plan monthly training programs that are focused on the needs of members, contact appropriate trainers and schedule classes, and register clients for training/classes.
- Maintain accurate client files, documents, and profiles for necessary paper files and in appropriate tracking systems.
- Assist Director with management of volunteers.
- Assist with scheduling counseling appointments with other WBC staff members.
- Process and document in-kind contributions to the WBC including services, goods and services, and talents.
- Completes weekly activity report.
- Participate in meetings and voice concerns as well as suggestions for improvement for the department and team members.
- Respect confidentiality in discussing customers, staff, volunteers, and organizational matters.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to all ECDI policies and procedures.
- Performs other related activities, as required, to assure department and organizational success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer Skills – Experience with and knowledge of computer operation; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Proficient understanding of database or CRM systems.
- Proficiently communicates verbally, orally, and in writing
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and techniques.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree; OR High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent AND 3-5 years of experience in performing customer service or general clerical duties.
- Experience providing Technical Assistance to small business owners including start-up plan review, expansion plan review, financial analysis and projections, and other business development needs.
- Experience providing reporting data to support program and grant requirements.
- Experience in lending preferred; experience in lending to financial and/or non-profit institutions is preferred.
- Knowledge of understanding financial statements in order to perform credit and financial analysis is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building and community engagement.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Occasional after hours and weekends and travel for events required, sometimes up to 8 hours a week.
- This position is a hybrid role required to spend some time on site per manager direction.
- Typically, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% or more of the time. The person in this position will occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Positions self to move items up to 15 pounds, such as printer paper boxes across the office as needed.
- Must avoid risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
ECDI offers a holistic benefits package that reflects how much we value our employees. Benefits include:
- Healthcare (including qualified dependents)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD
- 401(k) Plan
- A generous time off package
- Take your Birthday off- Its paid!
- Flexible Hybrid Remote Working Schedules
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our jobs page: https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?id=8a78879e82f67042018332e4c1df6229&source=OFN