Company: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility
Location: New York, NY
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
Founded 50 years ago, ICCR is a pioneer coalition of over 300 active institutional investor members representing faith-based communities, socially responsible asset managers, pension funds, endowments, and others who leverage their investments as a catalyst for change. ICCR members work in coalition to engage the world’s largest corporations on a range of social and environmental issues impacting communities in the U.S. and globally, including human rights and worker justice; climate change; health equity; and corporate influence via lobbying and political spending.
To learn more about ICCR, please visit www.iccr.org or find us @ICCRonline on Twitter.
The Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) is seeking a full-time Program Associate to provide administrative and programmatic support for the ICCR’s priority program areas in worker rights, equitable supply chains, health equity, lobbying and political spending, and human rights, as well as organizational programs and initiatives. The Program Associate will support these programs as they coordinate faith- and values-based investors to engage companies, submit shareholder proposals, partner with community and stakeholder groups, and develop programming to educate investors. In addition, the program associate will assist in the coordination of ICCR’s member conferences and strategy sessions and provide administrative capacity for ICCR’s broader coalition work in support of the field of shareholder rights and sustainable investments.
You will work alongside the Program Team to provide administrative and programmatic support for ICCR’s priority areas of corporate engagement, as well as supporting larger organizational initiatives like ICCR’s coalition work and its member conferences. You will serve as the go-to person to help ensure the smooth running of these programs, working with staff, ICCR members, and stakeholders to plan meetings and programs related to these campaigns. You are the connective tissue in our work: the administrative and programmatic support provided by this role is critical in ensuring the successful implementation of ICCR’s strategies and campaigns.
- Administrative support and coordination of ICCR on-line working group meetings, webinars, and strategy sessions, including note taking and follow-up reports, scheduling, agenda development, online meeting platform tech support, creation of slides, preparation of speakers, etc.
- Administrative support for organizational coalition efforts on policy initiatives and corporate accountability strategies.
- Providing administrative support for corporate engagement efforts in priority program areas, including assisting program directors in disseminating and tracking sign-on letters,workplans, and other investor actions.
- Providing administrative and logistical assistance in developing and carrying out member conference and strategy sessions, including collecting and collating background and presentation materials.
- Creating informational emails for ICCR members and partners.
- Administrative support for the internship program.
- Other program-related support as needed.
You are someone with a passion for social justice and an interest in learning more about corporate accountability and shareholder advocacy. You are detail-oriented, can manage multiple projects, and are excellent at follow through. You understand that success for ICCR’s campaigns begins with strong administrative systems and support.
Specifically, you will have many of the following qualifications:
- Strong writing skills such as in note taking with an eye to turning notes into meeting reports with action items flagged, developing email newsletters, and writing organizational communications.
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multitask, take initiative, and work independently while working with multiple program leads.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (especially Word, Powerpoint, and Excel) and technology for virtual meetings and webinar platforms required. Experience with Mailchimp or related email platforms a plus.
- Experience working on campaigns in social or environmental justice, or shareholder advocacy is a plus, including work with community organizations and stakeholders affected by corporate actions.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full time. ICCR’s office is in New York City, but many employees are fully remote, with the remainder being hybrid. Candidates for this position are welcome to be fully remote, but must be within commuting distance of New York City for both required staff planning meetings and the conference coordination function associated with this role.
The starting salary for this role is $61,000-$64,000. This is a one-year, grant-funded union position, subject to renewal. Benefits include:
- 80% employer-covered health insurance, including dependent coverage, dental + vision insurance and FSA;
- 403 B retirement Plan with 11% employer contribution (after two months);
- Short-term/Long-term Disability and Life Insurance;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Professional development;
- Paid Time Off;
- Paid Family Leave;
- Technology stipend for your home office.
It is the policy of ICCR to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or prior criminal record. This policy is intended to reflect the values and ideals of ICCR’s members and to help ICCR itself model the equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action practices that its members urge corporations to adopt.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Rachel Kahn-Troster at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Program Associate” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Cover letters must include at least 2-3 sentences about why you are interested in ICCR and this specific role to be considered. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be accepted through June 15. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis beginning May 17. We apologize that because of the volume of applications, we are able to respond only to those applicants granted an interview.