Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Location: Richmond, VA
Job Function: Community Outreach
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org
The LISC Virginia office is focused on affordable housing, economic development, along with capacity and wealth building opportunities for LMI families. Visit us at www.lisc.org/virginia
Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) seeks an organized, professional to become the Program Assistant in its Virginia office.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for ensuring efficient office operations by providing a range of administrative functions to support the LISC office. In addition, the Program Assistant will provide support to the Richmond team to ensure grant/contract management is timely and accurate and programs are administered smoothly and effectively. Responsibilities include grant administration, compliance and disbursements, and financial management. The successful candidate must be proactive, organized, familiar with budgeting, able to perform multiple tasks and work well with others; possess outstanding administrative and computer skills; and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
The Program Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director and Program Officers to develop and enhance the daily administrative and operational systems for the LISC VA office including financial and contract management, information and client management, office logistics and hospitality, and scheduling support. Responsibilities will include:
- Administer, track, and update donor lists, records, and communication materials used for fundraising
- Process and track local office revenue and expenses monthly for accuracy; provide financial management support to include: invoicing, updating payment status, proactively communicating with LISC National finance and accounting teams
- Process all incoming checks, gifts, grants and track status of all receivables
- Plan and coordinate events logistics to include: trainings, conferences, and special events
- Assist with Local Advisory Committee meetings (minutes, logistics, and meeting coordination) and other committees
- Develop and enhance processes/procedures to effectively manage daily office operations
- Distribute mail, overnight packages, respond to phone and email inquiries from the public, maintain office and meeting space, proactively ensure office is prepared for meeting and guests
- Order office supplies and manage inventory to ensure adequate supplies for the office and staff
- Work with LISC IT to maintain/troubleshoot LISC operating systems, software, applications, computer & other office equipment
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local Program staff and national LISC backroom operations staff
- Provide administrative support to the LISC Richmond team
- Work with the following LISC platform of software to accomplish tasks: Salesforce, Certify, NetSuite, ADP and Box
- Coordinate with the National Communications team, prepare content for publication including newsletters and press releases and as required update our social media accounts & mailing list
- Assist staff in various program processes including: collection of partner information/data and program outcomes; processing and monitoring grants/consultant agreements; monitoring grant and consultant performance to ensure alignment with agreed scope of work; processing disbursements and financial drawdowns and maintaining program records to ensure all office files are accurate and up-to-date on a regular basis. Oversee and manage electronic file management, with paper files as required.
Executive Director and Local Advisory Committee Support:
- Working with the Executive Director and Program Officers, establish and populate a client management system using Access with connections to Outlook and Salesforce
- Maintain Executive Director’s calendar, schedule appointments and conference calls, manage invitations, and coordinate travel arrangements.
- Handle Executive Director travel arrangements including car rentals, flights and hotels.
- Assist with internal/external and Local Advisory Committee meetings, with responsibility for minutes, logistics, and meeting coordination.
- Assist the Executive Director with logistic support for job postings and recruitment
- Assist with staff onboarding and training
- Track data and develop accurate, accessible, and up-to-date grant applications and reports on grantee/partner projects and program accomplishments
- Provide logistical and programmatic support for LISC Virginia programming
- Support program officers in advancing all areas of programmatic work including tracking and reporting on grant outcomes, preparing grant agreements, reviewing financial reports, processing grant disbursements, and supporting grant compliance
- Review service provider partner outcomes in Salesforce, create written reports and effectively communicate with program partners and funders to maintain relationships within the community
- Support Financial Management and Grants Management, including tracking and reporting on grant outcomes, processing financial reports, processing grant disbursements, and supporting grant compliance
- Support asset management by maintaining tracking and reporting on recoverable grants and loans
- Support grantees and applicants to compile needed documentation and answer applicant inquiries
- Monitor and update internal reports and data lists
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Office Logistics and Hospitality:
- Serve as the primary contact for the current facility
- Assist with site selection for new space and manage the logistics of 2020 office move;
- Provide logistic support for meetings, trainings, workshops, information sessions, orientations, conferences and special events. To accommodate our stakeholders, periodic evening and weekend work may be required. Interested candidates must be comfortable traveling and working within a wide range of neighborhood and professional settings.
- Meet and greet visitors, distribute mail, overnight packages, answer phones and direct inquiries, and maintain office, kitchen and meeting space.
- Order office and kitchen supplies, manage inventory and maintain adequate supplies for the office and staff.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university or comparable work experience can be used as proxy
- Minimum 5 years’ related work experience in administration or community development preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience analyzing and organizing conceptual and quantitative information
- Facilitate multiple and varied projects with strong attention to detail, organization, and accuracy
- Work independently and as a part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, Salesforce, BOX and virtual meeting platforms
- Familiarity with social media, web development and Photoshop a plus
- Experience working effectively with diverse staff and stakeholders
- Excellent customer service skills
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
LISC is an equal opportunity employer. LISC does not discriminate in employment on account of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military status or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
How to Apply
To apply please follow this LINK