Company: National Cooperative Bank
Location: Arlington, VA
Job Function: Finance
For 40 years, National Cooperative Bank has served businesses that seek to make a positive local impact, because we believe it’s simply the right thing to do.
Since our founding, NCB has an uncommon mandate to ensure our efforts benefit those most in need, supporting low-income communities and the expansion of cooperative initiatives. With this guiding principle, we contribute to the building blocks of sustainable communities: investing in clean energy, small businesses and affordable housing, expanding access to healthy food and affordable health care, plus much more.
The purpose of this position is to provide relationship management for the Specialty Finance Line of Business (LOB) in alignment with the LOB strategic plan, goals and tactics. A successful candidate will have the capacity to provide relationship management over a range of sectors served by the Specialty Finance LOB and also support the Bank’s co-op and community development strategy through a combination of collaborative work within the LOB, with other departments, and external customers.
The sectors covered by Specialty Finance include: Healthcare, Senior Living, Not for Profit, Education, Affordable Cooperative Development Housing, and Community Development Financial Institutions. The LOB focuses on business activity that supports low income and underserved communities and applies the co-op model as a tool for economic and community development. The Specialty Finance LOB also plays a lead role in the coordination and execution of NCB’s corporate-wide cooperative and community development strategy.
The Relationship Manager will provide ongoing monitoring of Specialty Finance customers by (i) providing excellent customer service, (ii) monitoring for strong credit quality, (iii) assessing financial and operating performance, (iii) ascertaining compliance with legal documents, and iv) acting as a liaison with underwriting, servicing, loan closing and documentation and loan review iv) support business development activities and v) provide support for special projects and mission and LOB reporting.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- BS/BA degree in related field
- A minimum of 5 years in community development, commercial/corporate experience in relationship management, lending, credit, portfolio management or loan review in a commercial bank, or similar type financial institution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of credit administration and strong credit skills.
- Experience in dealing with customers, attorneys.
- Knowledge of the business development process
- Formal Credit Training and broad-based experience (i.e., credit analyst, portfolio manager, credit manager, underwriter, or loan officer) in corporate and/or community development banking. Knowledge of lending to not for profit organizations, healthcare, senior living, education, affordable housing preferable. Experience with cooperatives, community development financing tools, including tax credits, a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel to manipulate and create financial spreadsheets and models. Proficiency in Word and Power Point.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and processes is required to ensure appropriate credit monitoring while balancing business development support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Knowledge of loan documentation
- Experience with financial spreading software
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries, plus discretionary bonus and comprehensive benefit plan
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com