Company: CEDS Finance
Location: Aurora, CO
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
CEDS Finance is a non-profit micro-lender whose mission is to support the American Dream of financial self-sufficiency, by assisting refugees, immigrants, and those from underserved communities in Metro Denver, through small business support.
The Portfolio Officer supports small business owners achieve their financial goals of successful business ownership and growth through loan servicing and post-loan technical assistance.
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT: Manages a portfolio of active borrowers through database information input and maintenance. Manages collateral retention and individual borrower risk ratings. Meets with and visits clients on a regular basis.
LOAN CLOSING: Manages the Operational Closing Process for New Loans, Paid in Full Loans, Modified Loans, and Charged Off Loans. Ensures records are complete and organized.
PORTFOLIO COMPLIANCE: Submits monthly and quarterly reports related to our active portfolio.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE: Provides one-on-one technical assistance (TA) to borrowers, within assigned portfolio, depending on each business’s unique needs.
- Responsible for generating documents related to loan closings efficiently and accurately.
- Completes all types of closings (i.e., new loans/operational closings, paid in full closings, and charge off closings) in a timely manner; and ensures adherence to loan file management guidelines.
- Responsible for accurate and complete data entry into the loan management software to ensure accuracy of client contact information, client batch payments, and the implementation of new fund sources.
- Responsible for collateral and first loss payee management.
- Manages client bankruptcy process.
- Performs annual reviews on each loan in the portfolio to manage the annual risk rating process.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of loan portfolio data and the preparation of reports for internal and external audiences.
- Meets with and visits clients on a regular basis.
- Responsible for external funder database management (MPERS Reporting).
- Responsible for managing all aspects of an external collateral credit reserve program (administered via CHFA).
- Supports the portfolio manager in performing periodic internal audit reviews to prepare the organization for external audits.
- Manages credit disputes and ensures periodic credit reporting submission.
- Supports portfolio manager in generating and developing external funder compliance reports (e.g., CDFI and SBA), and ensures reports are accurate and complete.
- Ensures all electronic and hard-copy borrower files are maintained to internal standards.
- Ensures all client databases are accurate and up to date (Traits, LMI, etc.).
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis on the loan portfolio.
- Responsible for perfecting collateral and securing first loss payee.
- Assesses TA needs and makes recommendations, as necessary, for in-depth TA work with the business consulting team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor and Executive Director
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- A. or B.S. degree is required; preference for a degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Management. Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Two to five years’ experience (domestic or international) in loan settlement, micro-lending, small business lending, commercial portfolio management, impact investing, finance, and/or business consulting.
- Experience in speaking to a variety of audiences and stakeholder groups.
- Ability to communicate, gain trust, and work with low-income individuals of wide-ranging cultures.
- Ability to speak more than one language highly recommended.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and operate independently as tasks require.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Intermediate Excel skills with the ability to understand and write basic formulas, develop charts and graphs for presentations, and summarize large datasets.
- Experience with loan management systems and databases, credit information systems, and public record research preferred. Airtable, DownHome Solutions, Equifax, and public record systems are a plus.
- Proactive, professional, and hardworking with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible with an interest to learn and develop professional skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Interest in impact investing or socially-minded businesses is desired, experience is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary & Benefits:
- Hiring range $55,226 – $66,271annual salary
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits, a Flexible Spending Account, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, and generous paid time off and holiday policies.
- A flexible schedule with a mix of in-office and remote work permitted.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications listed above to HR@CEDSFinance.org with the text “Portfolio Officer” in the subject line.