Company: CLIMB Fund
Location: Charleston, SC
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
The CLIMB Fund was founded in and remains headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina. We give rise to equity and opportunity, helping communities reach new heights. Established in 1979, the CLIMB Fund invests in microenterprise for maximum community benefit. As a non-profit Community Development
Finance Institution (CDFI), we leverage capital to create local impact, elevate opportunity, and advance social and economic justice. We are seeking a Portfolio Coordinator to join our growing team.
The primary functions of the Portfolio Coordinator are to fulfill the mission of the CLIMB Fund and promote its values by performing portfolio tasks including but not limited to the collection and application of loan payments, monitoring and managing delinquent accounts, and working with the Closing Coordinator during loan closings for disbursements. The Portfolio Coordinator is encouraged and expected to identify, research, and recommend potential improvements to the CLIMB Fund’s portfolio management practices and other customer facing platforms. Additionally, the position will provide regular reporting on the Company’s loan portfolio, borrowers, and other business activities for internal and external use.
- Collection and application of loan payments.
- Monitoring and managing delinquent accounts, including initiation of collection procedures.
- Reporting personal and business credit of borrowers to appropriate external agencies.
- Processing modification requests and advising on loan modifications, deferments, and restructures.
- Determining and monitoring quality and health of loan portfolio.
- Preparation, completion, and filing of critical loan servicing documents.
- Onboarding of new clients.
- Processing loan payoffs.
- Identify, research, and recommend potential improvements to the Company’s portfolio management practices.
- Train other CLIMB Fund team members to lead and assist with the activities listed above.
- Assisting with collection, organization, and maintenance of data for reports necessary to the CLIMB Fund’s execution of its mission and operations.
- 5+ years of professional experience in banking, portfolio management, finance, or similar function.
- Strong analytical, time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and CRM software tools.
- Eager to invest time in meaningful opportunities, working within diverse communities, and continued learning.
- Impeccable personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of borrower data.
CLIMB Fund is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+, and other underrepresented applicants.
YES, THIS MEANS YOU!
We’ve read the research and we know that some folks might read our post and think “Oh, well, I only have nine out of ten qualifications.” If our mission and this job speaks to you, and you have the interest and ability to work smart, learn, and grow with us, then we want you to apply for this job. Even if this is not the exact right opportunity for you, we want to know about you and keep you in mind for future posts.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience, expected range: $50,000-$60,000.
- Generous retirement plan match
- Health, dental and vision insurance subsidies for employees and family.
- 20+ days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year, including holidays, and a flexible schedule.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter, if desired, to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.