Company: ECDI - Economic and Community Development Institute
Location: Columbus, OH
Job Function: Other
ECDI is a nonprofit organization, dedicated to serving underserved and underbanked small business owners. Our goal is to assure that every entrepreneur – regardless of where they came from, where they live, their gender or their race – has access to funding and the business mentoring services they need to succeed.
We’re based in Columbus, with offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron, Portsmouth, and Toledo. For small business clients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, we serve a one-stop resource center.
Our Recruiting Process:
- 20-minute call with recruiter
- 60-minute video call with panel interview
- Job offer
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent while providing learning and professional advancement opportunities for our employees. We strive to advance our mission and bring equitable opportunity to all those we serve and employ.
The Economic and Community Development Institute is an Affirmative Action Employer and members of underrepresented communities and demographics are particularly encouraged to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ and people with disabilities.
The Portfolio Analyst is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the strength of our loan portfolio in accordance with repayment agreements and all collection efforts. They will work directly with borrowers, spot issues early, and resolve nonperforming debt as needed. This position will also support the measurement and presenting of lending business insights, credit risk, and performance metrics.
This role is a hybrid position required to work part of the time on site, as determined by business need and manager.
Candidates for this position must be located in the Central Ohio Area.
- Execute and perform effective collections efforts on all past due accounts, including but not limited to contacting past due clients by phone, and document outcomes in SalesForce daily
- Track delinquent/defaulted borrowers and take necessary action
- Work closely with management to determine appropriate restructure of troubled credits
- Monitor delinquency and be responsible for collections
- Monitor maturity report and be responsible for collecting payment and / or restructuring debt as appropriate
- Monitor bankruptcy database to determine collectability of the client
- Ensure lien position on collateral has been perfected by banking standards
- Serve as a knowledgeable and attentive resource for clients who may be struggling with repayment
- Contribute to maximization of portfolio quality and minimize related loss
- Ensure compliance with internal processes and funder requirements
- Assist with the monitoring the health of ECDI’s loan portfolio, as requested by management
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adhere to all ECDI policies and procedures
- Provide post-closing coaching/technical assistance, when appropriate
- Assist with coordinating site visits as needed
- Complete ongoing periodic credit servicing of loans within the portfolio including obtaining financial statements, compliance certificates, and all other required financial information
- Participate in meetings provide suggestions for improvement for the department
- Maintain accurate client files, documents, and profiles for necessary paper files and appropriate tracking systems
- Perform other related activities, as required, to assure program/department success
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer Skills
- Experience with and knowledge of computer operation; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Familiarity with CRM software and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Familiarity with Down-Home Loan database application a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and techniques.
- Working knowledge of non-profits and fund accounting preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree in business, finance, accounting or related field AND one to three (1-3) years of experience in direct outbound customer contact, OR three (3) or more years of experience in the same.
- Experience with conflict management in verbal communication and high-level customer service skills required.
- Experience with accounts receivable collection a plus.
- Experience with SBA lending and/or banking a plus.
- Occasional travel required.
- This role is a hybrid position required to work part of the time on site, as determined by business need and manager.
- Must have access to transportation in order to travel to and from the office.
- Typically, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% or more of the time. The person in this position will occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Positions self to move items up to 15 pounds, such as printer paper boxes across the office as needed.
- Must be able to avoid risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
ECDI offers a holistic benefits package that reflects how much we value our employees. Benefits include:
- Healthcare (including qualified dependents)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Pet Benefits
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD
- 401(k) Plan
- Educational assistance program
- A generous time off package
- Take your Birthday off – Its paid!
- Hybrid Environment (during business hours)
ECDI is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) qualified employer.
How to Apply
Please apply on our jobs page: https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/SubmitResume.action?id=8a78879f8584000001859d8510aa38db&source=OFN