Company: Ventana Fund
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
The Ventana Fund is a nonprofit CDFI (Community Development Financial Institution) headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We are dedicated to financing the creation and preservation of affordable multi-family housing by providing loans to developers who serve New Mexico’s low-income residents and high-need communities. Ventana Fund was created in 2014 as an all-volunteer organization and since then has lent over $20 million to create and preserve over 1,000 affordable housing units across the state of New Mexico. It currently oversees over $18 million in assets across 28 loans. Due to this growth, over the last two years we have started transitioning out of our volunteer roots. Ventana Fund seeks to hire an Operations Manager who has the knowledge and skill set to work with the Executive Director in acquiring and managing funds used to continue Ventana Fund’s mission of creating and preserving affordable housing in New Mexico.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of loan underwriting, production, closing, and monitoring. They will also support Ventana Fund’s Executive Director in managing and growing the organization.
This exempt position will be based in the Albuquerque office and it requires a highly motivated and responsible individual with excellent office and time management skills that can perform repetitive as well as non-routine assignments. This individual must be a self-starter capable of performing work with minimal direct supervision.
- Monitor and act on Ventana Fund website, email potential leads, and update website as necessary
- Assist Ventana Fund loan officer in loan application, approval and closing process
- Coordinate with and respond to the board chair, loan committee chair, title company, escrow company, Ventana Fund attorney, loan officers, and borrowers
- Oversee vendor invoice process
- Participate in property inspections and compliance monitoring
- Prepare, compile, and coordinate financial, funding and property reports
- Coordinate and prepare packets for Board and committee meetings
- Manage calendars for Ventana Fund meetings, financials and reports
- Work with consultants, coordinate external funding applications, reporting, and management
- Assist in strategic planning sessions
- Develop best practices and security protocols
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience in real estate, affordable housing, loan processing, mortgage origination, or non-profit operations or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other relatable-focus degree program.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a professional work environment
- Excellent office and computer skills, particularly MS Office suite programs
- Ability to make good, sound-judgment decisions
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands
- Ability to establish priorities
- Knowledge of and experience using problem-solving techniques
- Ability to interpret and apply organizational policies and procedures
- Ability to complete tasks within deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships with Ventana Fund staff and board members, stakeholders, funders, and contractors
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, not required
Compensation and Benefits
$45,000-$65,000, depending on experience.
How to Apply
Applicants will be evaluated on their ability to follow instructions:
- Prepare a cover letter and resume and email them as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and the position title in the subject line.
- Cover letter to include:
- What you would like us to know about you that we may not be able to see in your resume.
- Why you are interested in working for Ventana Fund, and why you believe you are a good fit for this position and the organization.
- Three professional references complete with contact information.
- While not required as conditions of employment, please include the following in your cover letter:
- Prior experience with the AMIS software system.
- Total length of residency in New Mexico.
- If you are bilingual, please note with which languages you have written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates that best meet the position parameters will be interviewed by Ventana Fund’s Hiring Committee. Interviews may be held virtually at Ventana Fund’s discretion.
- Prior to employment, Ventana Fund will conduct a complete background check that includes credit, criminal, prior employment/professional references and any degree(s) provided as qualification.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
Ventana Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status or any other category protected by federal and state law.