Company: Mill Cities Community Investments
Location: Lawrence, MA
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
Mill Cities Community Investments (MCCI) brings financial resources and technical assistance to businesses in the Merrimack Valley. MCCI is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). CDFIs are private-sector financial organizations with community development as their main goal. CDFIs are different from conventional financial institutions because they have in-depth knowledge of their communities. And they work closely with their customers and community leaders. MCCI often teams up with traditional banks to develop innovative ways to deliver loans, investments, and financial services. This includes jointly funding community projects.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Strategy and Operations, this position will assist the Sr. Director of Strategy and Operations with day-to-day activities, special projects, and the HR function. This role will partner with all roles within the organization and external stakeholders. The Operations Associate will work closely on future initiatives, new business, and strategy, ensuring overall operational success and growth through strong project management skills. The role will also assume the responsibilities of the HR function, including but not limited to oversight of the overall employee experience, onboarding and off-boarding of new employees, check-ins, and ensuring day-to-day HR needs are being met and answered by the workforce.
● Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement operational procedures and systems and help increase the efficiency of existing processes and procedures to enhance the organization’s internal capacity.
● Collaborate with colleagues across disciplines responsible for the accurate and timely collection of data.
● Assist in implementing a project management tool; serve as the internal manager of the tool by tracking follow-up tasks and communicating the next steps to the team as required.
● Support Sr. Dir of Strategy and Operations on implementing and managing all appropriate technology systems and controls.
● Liaise with the IT provider to establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems and data, ensuring best practices and standards are followed, and the organization is compliant.
● With the support of a specialized IT consultant, become the subject matter expert of the management of the organization’s CRM (Salesforce); maintain accurate data, audit that all interactions are entered into appropriate records; generate data and analysis reports from the system; and that new individuals and organizations are added to the system, ensure all new entries are receiving MCCI newsletters and communications through Constant Contact.
● Coordinates operations and supports logistics to execute successful events, marketing, Board meetings, associate board meetings, or other activities.
● Proficiency with utilizing Excel, Salesforce, HRIS, and other systems for reporting management.
● Facilitate exceptional follow-through on special projects, to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
● Create, implement, and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions to ensure compliance throughout the organization.
● Collaborate with the Administrative Assistant to effectively oversee and manage the day-to-day management of MCCI’s HQ offices.
● Work successfully both independently and within a team environment. Consider the ideas of others and work collaboratively to accomplish assigned tasks.
● Develop and maintain positive employee relationships, ensuring high satisfaction, responsiveness, and retention.
● Manage the HR administrative function of the organization, such as though not limited to leave process, benefits administrations, on-boardings, check-ins, recruiting process, etc.
● Optimization of the HRIS system for the business and end users.
● Manage payroll administrative functions, including maintaining accurate and timely benefit accrual information, transmitting payroll reporting, and assisting with ad-hoc internal finance, grant, and development reporting.
● Passionate about the work of MCCI and its role within the organization.
● High School Diploma
● 4+ years of operations experience, project management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
● 2+ years of project management experience or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
● Experience in banking or loaning environment is a plus
● Solid computer skills, including MS Office
● Well-organized and detail-oriented.
● Must exhibit an excellent service attitude and be willing to go out of their way to accommodate the clients and exceed their expectations.
● Flexible and responsive, with the ability to adapt to rapid change in direction or business priority
● Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including experience working directly with users and collaborating across internal teams to deliver complex projects
● Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and a tendency to challenge the status quo
● Ability to self-manage, work independently, and seek guidance as needed
● Project management and time management; being able to work backward from an end goal and produce quality, polished, professional results and reports without missing deadlines
● Work on special projects for the greater MCCI
Compensation and Benefits
Classification: Exempt (Salary)
Salary Range: $55K – $65K
Location: Lawrence, MA – Hybrid and Flexible Schedule
Schedule: Monday – Friday from 9 AM-5 PM
Reports to: Sr. Director of Strategy and Operations
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.