Company: Development Finance Authority
Location: Akron, OH
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
The Development Finance Authority of Summit County (DFA) specializes in community and economic development finance, primarily focused on Northeast Ohio, by assisting others in obtaining capital that might not otherwise be available. In addition to issuing taxable and tax-exempt revenue bonds, DFA works closely with affiliated non-profits: the Akron-Summit County Energy Special Improvement District (ESID) enables DFA to issue PACE bonds; the Development Fund of the Western Reserve (DFWR) allocates New Markets Tax Credits; and the Western Reserve Community Fund (WRCF) provides small business and community-based lending.
Manages the Office of the Development Finance Authority by organizing office operations and procedures.
Under general direction:
- Maintains efficient and effective office environment for DF A and its staff (number ranges from 15-20 individuals)
- Supervises Administrative Assistant and ensures a variety of administrative, clerical and suppo1i activities are conducted in a timely and thorough manner.
- Oversight of schedule management of various appointments including:
- Meetings -including frequent board and committee meetings
- Special Events
- Organize the office layout and ensure appropriate stationery and equipment are available .
- Maintain the office layout and ensure necessary repairs .
- Update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT service provider for all office equipment
- Pa11icipate in Accounts Payable and Receivable functions
- Lead contract negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Address staff requests regarding office administration needs (e.g. equipment and travel arrangements)
- Interact with property managers for cleaning, security, and facility maintenance
- Performs other duties of DF A as requested, directed or assigned .
• Knowledge of Office Administrative responsibilities, systems and procedures
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, in particular)
• Hands on experience with office machines
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Presents self in a professional, ethical, and culturally sensitive manner to co-workers,
partners, government officials, community leaders, professionals, vendors, businesses, and the general public.
• Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment (at times)
• A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
• Understanding of public and non-profit structure
• Ability to analyze and interpret data
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Proficient in budgeting, invoicing, and payments
• Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance
• Proofreading and editing, recognizing grammatical and spelling errors.
Compensation and Benefits
$45,000 – $65,000
Full benefits including health, vision, and dental, vacation and sick leave.
Professional and growth opportunities.
How to Apply
Apply here: https://jobs.summitoh.net/postings/27490