Company: The Conservation Fund
Location: Arlington, VA
Job Function: Advocacy/Policy
The Conservation Fund (“TCF” or the “Fund”) is a nonprofit conservation organization dedicated to the dual mission of protecting America’s most important land, water, and natural resources while also supporting economic growth in communities. Top-ranked for efficiency and effectiveness, we have worked in all 50 states to protect over 8.5 million acres of land since 1985. To learn more about TCF, visit www.conservationfund.org.
Our experience over the past 37 years at the forefront of land conservation and sustainable economic development is that land is one of the greatest assets any rural community has, and permanently conserved land can support a wide range of sustainable enterprises, including forestry, agriculture, outdoor recreation, and renewable energy. In order to build strong rural economies in areas adjacent to conserved land, The Conservation Fund (TCF) is creating the National Partnership for Activating the Natural Resource Economy (ANRE) project, a national platform and network empowering community-based leadership to invest in natural resource-focused rural economic development approaches.
The Program Associate is responsible for helping to design and implement the ANRE program and putting together a plan to secure and manage ongoing funding for the program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist team in developing the strategy for the National Partnership for ANRE program.
- Building out the thought leadership approach for ANRE and the opportunity to further engage external partners.
- Support timeline management and assist with meeting target deliverables on schedule.
- Draft social media posts, assist engagement strategy for special programming, coordinate website updates.
- Coordinate public information and distribution of program-related activities and messages through web announcements, email-blasts, blog posts; special event promotion; etc.
- Periodic travel as needed (site visits to each of the three focus regions).
- Monitor website program content and disseminate/monitor as needed. Alert appropriate staff of any changes, as needs arise.
- Coordinate and support occasional meetings of an Advisory Council.
- Represent ANRE and its programs at events, attend meetings and/or deliver presentations.
- Work with the team to develop and successfully implement the program goals for the ANRE project.
- Organize and participate in meetings with consultants, focus regions, program staff and potential funders through scheduling, preparing the necessary materials for the meetings, and contributing to the discussions.
- Collaborate with team members in on-going learning and process improvements, incorporating external and internal feedback to constantly improve how we do our work.
- Exhibit and maintain trust-based and productive relationships with a wide range of organizations and individuals, including focus regions, funding partners, advisory council members and staff.
- Oversee grant reporting; develop tools and systems to measure impact via TA calls, surveys, bimonthly dashboards and reports, and annual surveys and evaluations.
- Identify and cultivate opportunities to initiate strategic discussions between ANRE and other stakeholders.
- Support all aspects of the design and implementation of the ANRE program.
- Provide meeting support including logistical set up, note taking and document preparation.
- Supports program coordination for cohort networking (monthly calls; information sharing, etc).
- Support other team members within the ANRE project as needed.
Focus Region Support
- Build strong relationships with focus regions to support their growth throughout the project by coordinating among the three focus regions, providing resources and input in planning processes, responding to inquiries, assessing needs, assisting with grant reporting and more.
- Work with the focus regions to provide a more robust set of quarterly trainings, peer networking and learning opportunities, and case studies.
- Support coordination of special programming for regional outreach and engagement efforts.
- Assist in coordinating events such as trainings and meetings as needed.
- Work with senior management and team to develop and execute an integrated plan for raising funds from foundations and corporate donors to meet ANRE’s long-term resource development needs.
- Develop proposals, letters of intent, memos, concept papers, budgets, and other program and technical materials to strategically pursue opportunities that align with ANRE’s needs and priorities.
- Support the development and dissemination of all relevant marketing and prospecting materials.
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.