Company: US SIF The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Administrative/Operations/IT
Since 1985, US SIF and our hundreds of members have advanced the field of sustainable investment through research, education and training, a national conference and other convenings, as well as engagement with policymakers and media. Today there is greater interest in sustainable investment than ever before. Climate change, social and economic inequality, gender and racial diversity, human rights, loss of biodiversity, and political spending are all urgent issues for sustainable investors. Increasingly, individual retail investors are joining institutional investors to use their assets to achieve better environmental, social and governance outcomes.
We are a small team, aiming high and accomplishing much. We are passionate about sustainable investment and about creating a more sustainable private sector. We are based in Washington, DC, with a 12-person board located across the country.
US SIF is the leading voice advancing sustainable investing across all asset classes. US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501(C)(3) organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF.
US SIF’s Membership Services Assistant provides support to membership renewal and prospecting, giving the right candidate an opportunity to learn about the work of US SIF’s hundreds of members from across the financial services field. This position supports the Director of Education and Outreach in providing direct customer support for members and prospective members. This position also provides support to educational offerings including our courses which are delivered live, virtually and online.
The ideal candidate has strong project management skills, some knowledge of finance and sustainability and a commitment to advancing US SIF’s membership and education priorities. A successful candidate will be capable of effectively engaging with US SIF members and staff, will be detail-oriented, and has excellent oral and written communication skills. This position reports to the Director of Education and Outreach and is based in Washington, DC.
The Membership Services Assistant is responsible for duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the front-line customer service resource for US SIF members. Assist in the annual membership renewal process, including drafting and sending renewal notices and invoices and lapsing expired members
- Work with the Director of Education and Outreach to ensure members are regularly contacted and offered annual opportunities to connect
- Act as the primary administrator for our membership database and help keep information up-to-date across US SIF systems.
- Help onboard new members to US SIF
- Review incoming emails to shared mailboxes and address or assign out to senior staff.
- Update webpages related to membership, education, and consulting services.
- Regularly update charts ) on our website with monthly data for members’ listed products.
- Suggest opportunities to improve US SIF membership operations and ongoing processes.
- Provide support for the work of the Education Committee, including taking meeting minutes and preparing agendas.
- Provide support for any content-review or working groups established to review US SIF education and member materials.
- Assist in the delivery of US SIF Fundamentals course offerings, including helping with the event registration website, assisting in speaker preparation and slide presentation, and helping with on-site or virtual set-up tasks.
- Assist with the preparation for quarterly board meetings, foundation reports, or other reporting as needed.
- Support senior staff and specific projects as needed.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or at least two years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated interest in sustainable investment, corporate responsibility or a related field is a plus
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to organize and track multiple projects
- Collaborative work style and capacity to anticipate the needs of colleagues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Takes initiative and has problem-solving skills
- Sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) software
- Adaptable to new technology and able to learn and administer new software systems; specific experience with AMS or CRM systems, such as Salesforce or YourMembership, is a plus
- Experience with website editors (CMS systems), learning management systems, (LMS), and Mailchimp or similar mass-mailing marketing platforms is a plus
- Previous membership service experience is a plus.
- Able to work in a hybrid situation, including at least three days per week in the DC office
- Full COVID-19 vaccination (including all relevant boosters) required
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range of $42,000 – $50,000, commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 holidays and 2 personal days
- 401k plan with up to 5% employer match
- Employer-subsidized health and dental insurance
- FSAs and Dependent Care Spending accounts available
- Employer-paid long-term and short-term disability
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Commuter benefit program for employees
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com using the subject line “US SIF Membership Services Assistant.” Application window will close on January 31 although applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter and a resume.
Final candidates will need to take a writing test. No phone calls, please.
US SIF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.