Company: National Community Reinvestment Coalition
Location: WASHINGTON, DC
Job Function: Advocacy/Policy
NCRC is a network of local and national nonprofits, government, and educational institutions working together to create opportunities for people to build wealth. We work with community leaders, policymakers, and financial institutions to
champion fairness and end discrimination in lending, housing, and business. We’re looking for a team member to help ensure our members get the resources they need and help NCRC better understand our membership.
NCRC’s members include local and national nonprofits, government, and educational institutions, all working in various ways towards a just economy. The membership engagement specialist will provide high-quality customer service to all members and potential members of NCRC. This includes connecting members to resources to support their organization’s mission and engaging them in opportunities to collaborate with NCRC to maximize advocacy and organizing impacts. The role requires a highly relational and very organized individual. The Membership Engagement Specialist is a primary interface between members and NCRC staff, facilitating communications with staff, members, and organizational partners. The specialist is expected to be highly enthusiastic and curious about the NCRC’s programmatic and policy work and our members’ work. The specialist will likely work in a fast-paced environment with a high organizational focus.
- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual recruitment, engagement, and retention goals.
- Average 10-20 hours per week on the phone with current and prospective members.
- Connect members to member benefits.
- Recruit members and prospective members to participate in online and in-person events and campaigns.
- Maintain and apply a comprehensive knowledge of NCRC member benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Develop a schedule for daily call coverage and tracking with the Member Engagement Manager.
- Surface member stories and experiences to be elevated through or used by communications, policy, organizing, and other program areas.
- Provide administrative as well as customer service support on digital and in-person events.
- Monitor upcoming renewals and proactively reach out to expiring, grace period, and lapsed members.
- The Membership Engagement Manager nurtures engaged non-members and converts them to members.
- Work with the Membership Engagement Manager on membership reports and creating queries for segmented email marketing.
- Manage data integrity efforts and assist with data analysis working collaboratively with team members to identify membership trends.
- Process membership dues in collaboration with the Membership & Events Coordinator.
- Gather suggestions for member benefits and ways to implement those benefits.
Provide input on membership engagement and recruitment strategies based on interactions with prospective and current members.
- Communication Skills: Must have top-notch listening skills, patience, and empathy. This role must communicate internally and externally, serving as a bridge between members and staff. Should be able to demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships. The role will also require framing/translating information to be relevant and accessible to different types of members and to distinguish between internal and external messaging.
- Organizational Skills: Must have strong organizational, administrative, and project management skills. Must juggle a high volume of requests and tasks and prioritize well. The ideal candidate will take responsibility for making sure complex questions are resolved and will proactively communicate with members in the meantime. Should be able to manage deadlines, set realistic expectations and goals, and multitask.
- Curious learner: Must be willing to pursue an understanding of the community development field generally and NCRC’s role within it. The ideal candidate will be interested in how various stakeholders contribute to the work to create a just economy and seek an understanding of the areas of mutual self-interest and potential tensions among those stakeholders.
- Technical aptitude: Must be able to learn and use new technology. Must be able to quickly acquire competency with client relationship management database software, social media, and e-communication tools. Basic competency with MS office skills.
- Comprehension: Understand complex problems and collaborate to explore alternative solutions.
- Organization: Organizes and prioritize individual work schedule to manage multiple tasks or projects.
- Decision Making: Make decisions that impact the immediate work unit’s operations and services.
- Communication: Communicate to explain, interpret, and negotiate.
- 3-5 years of experience in a customer, client, or stakeholder-facing role, preferably in an association or coalition context.
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, public policy, urban planning, social work, economics, or other area preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range: $60K-$65K, commensurate with experience
NCRC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
How to Apply
Complete the application and submit your cover letter and resume here.