Company: Homewise Inc
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Job Function: Marketing/PR
The Homewise mission is to help create successful homeowners and strengthen neighborhoods so individuals and families can improve their long-term financial well-being and quality of life. We believe strong homeowners help build healthy, vibrant communities, and with the right tools and support, people can be empowered to change their lives.
Homewise is looking for a strategic, creative, collaborative, and execution-oriented individual to join our team as Director of Marketing Operations. The ideal candidate is skilled at managing and enhancing the marketing technology and operations in support of consumer and business-to-business marketing and will take ownership of projects and work streams to deliver lead generation targets and brand awareness objectives.
The mission of the Marketing Operations Director is to create and execute successful consumer marketing campaigns to increase Homewise’s ability to achieve our strategic and service unit goals and to support brand awareness in general. This individual will supervise a content team and will provide support for brand and business development initiatives, as needed. The Marketing Operations Director will use marketing technology to drive effective and innovative digital strategy. The Director will be primarily responsible for improving and modernizing our marketing automation, building and executing integrated digital outreach campaigns, overseeing website development and Salesforce integration, and overseeing improved performance in our email and social media outreach.
The Marketing Operations Director is responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Marketing and outreach strategy: Lead the conception and refinement of our consumer marketing and outreach strategy, including product and vendor recommendations, and develop appropriate annual goals and range of activities that reflect and support this strategy.
- Marketing operations: Manage the marketing operations and work with the marketing team, IT, and external vendors to complete tasks in an efficient and organized manner.
- Reporting: Develop marketing intelligence by collecting and analyzing data around marketing performance to drive better decision-making and more success. Own ad hoc reporting on campaign performance (using existing and new analytic tools)
- Marketing automation: Serve as the driver for all marketing tech questions, implementation, and idealization and implementing of new tools as they are introduced:
- Help improve our marketing automation strategy and process
- Work with a core team of subject matter experts to design, deploy, monitor and optimize campaigns, supporting specific stages of the customer journey
- Monitor and engage our customers with relevant personalized and timely “Path to Homeownership” at each stage in the customer journey
- Assist in the technical conceptualization of demand creation, including how marketing and communications can help to turn leads into customers
- Oversee the enhancement of our email list, including targeted segmentation. Ensure list maintenance improves email deliverability and minimizes opt-outs
- End-to-end email campaign development: Oversee HTML creation, testing, data segmentation, deployment, and performance analysis.
- Digital advertising and marketing: Oversee digital placement and performance, SEO/SEM, and paid social promotion.
- Website development and maintenance: Direct ongoing improvement and oversee accuracy and ongoing modernization of our websites.
- Agency Management: Act as the liaison between our external agency partners and internal stakeholders
- KPIs: Establish KPIs, set up tagging/tracking, monitor performance, implement tests, and make data-driven optimization recommendations
- Strategic partner: Serve as a strategic partner to senior director, communications to advance long-term organizational success by operationalizing delivery of lead generation and strategic messaging and modernizing key communications platforms.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work collaboratively with Homewise department managers to develop strategic and tactical marketing plans for existing and new programs and projects to deliver the best possible marketing support.
- Strategic Thinking: able to diagnose internal and external factors, make recommendations, and adapt and evolve plans to help drive the business.
- Flexible and Adaptable: Able to take constructive criticism, hear alternative points of view, and not get defensive. Nimble and able to adapt to changing conditions.
- Organization: Thinks and plans logically; Ability to thrive while maintaining multiple work streams in a detail-oriented manner
- Process-driven: Affinity for documenting, executing, and optimizing processes in a scalable way
- Innovative: Proactive and creative; willing to build systems not yet in place and continuously improve the way we do things
- Confident, independent action, initiative, and sense of urgency. The ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them.
- Results-Oriented. Prioritizes and aligns work of self and others with a results-oriented focus on achieving business goals and objectives.
- Interpersonal Skills. A well-organized and self-directed individual who is “politically savvy” and a team player.
- Experienced Manager: Adept at strategic initiative development, team building, self-motivation, and collaborative management practices.
- Communication skills. Able to clearly present issues – both orally and written.
- Decision-making. Ability to generate innovative ideas and be an active decision-maker to solve problems and move projects ahead.
- Listening skills. Listens to understand others viewpoints. Anticipates customer needs and offers innovative solutions.
- Multitasking and Prioritizing. Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively to stay organized and meet stated deadlines.
- Computer skills. Competence in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Windows, and other software applications as appropriate.
- High standards. Expect personal performance to be nothing short of the best.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 7+ years of progressive Marketing experience.
- 3+ years of consumer marketing using digital advertising (Facebook, Google, Instagram)
- 4+ years of content and marketing automation experience (including Salesforce integration and tools such as Marketing Cloud, Marketo, or Hubspot)
- Strong digital performance analytics and project management skills are required.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings or weekends.
- This is largely a sedentary role.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
Compensation and Benefits
We offer the following benefits to employees who work part-time or more:
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including dental and vision
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Matched 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A great work environment
- Remote or hybrid work options for several roles
How to Apply
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in Homewise and why you think you are a good fit for this role.