Company: ECDI - Economic and Community Development Institute
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Job Function: Marketing/PR
ECDI is a nonprofit organization, dedicated to serving underserved and underbanked small business owners. Our goal is to assure that every entrepreneur – regardless of where they came from, where they live, their gender or their race – has access to funding and the business mentoring services they need to succeed.
We’re based in Columbus, with offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron, Portsmouth, and Toledo. For small business clients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, we serve a one-stop resource center.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent while providing learning and professional advancement opportunities for our employees. We strive to advance our mission and bring equitable opportunity to all those we serve and employ.
The Economic and Community Development Institute is an Affirmative Action Employer and members of underrepresented communities and demographics are particularly encouraged to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ and people with disabilities.
ECDI is looking for a Marketing Intern for our Cincinnati Women’s Business Center.
ECDI Women’s Business Centers of Ohio (WBCs) are a program of nonprofit community lender, ECDI. ECDI is the largest SBA microlender in the United States, we provide affordable lending and comprehensive small business development services to help underbanked people and communities join the economic mainstream. At the WBC we are dedicated to eliminating the obstacles women face in the world of business by providing resources, training, and access to capital.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our Women’s Business Center: The Digital Connect team and provide creative ideas to help achieve a successful program. The marketing intern will have administrative duties in developing and implementing creative marketing strategies for small business as well as the Women’s Business Center.
The internship is approximately 20 hours per week through May 30, 2023. Work hours are a combination of in-person meetings and individual work.
Candidates for this position must be located in the Greater Cincinnati Area.
- Evaluates all current marketing and social media materials, proposes new strategies, and contributes to content in partnership with Marketing
- Develops content writings and new social media graphics for communicating training opportunities targeted towards existing businesses
- Collects quantitative and qualitative data for marketing campaigns through methods such as surveys and questionnaires disbursed to clients
- Performs market analysis and research on competition for small business owners
- Measures consumer satisfaction of products and services for clients
- Trains small business owners on website and social media analytics
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to all ECDI policies and procedures
- Performs other related activities, as required, to assure department and organizational success
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Marketing and communication development knowledge.
- Experience with social media use, strategies, and platforms.
- Computer Skills – knowledge of computer operation; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, etc.) and Canva.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and techniques.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
Education, Experience, & Credentials:
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student in a marketing or communications program.
- Flexible, hybrid summer hours during standard business hours and ability to work with class schedule during academic year. Occasional weekend hours required.
- Must be able to provide reliable transportation to and from office.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts, etc.
- Typically, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% or more of the time. The person in this position will occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Positions self to move items up to 15 pounds, such as printer paper boxes across the office as needed.
- Must avoid risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Hourly compensation determined through application review and interview process.