Company: McLennan Community Investment Fund
Location: Waco, TX
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
The McLennan Community Investment Fund (McCIF) is a Texas Nonprofit Economic Development Corporation created with the primary purpose of lending to unbanked or underbanked small businesses located in or owned by those who reside in specific census tracts in McLennan County, TX. As an emerging Community Development Financial Institution or CDFI, numerous benefits to micro-enterprises, small businesses, and non-profit organizations are available through loans and business development programs.
McLennan Community Investment Fund (“McCIF”), a nonprofit community development financing entity that provides affordable financial products and development services to small businesses in economically distressed areas of McLennan County, Texas is seeking a qualified, experienced, and motivated leader to McCIF’s Loan Program. McCIF places a high priority on communication, recognition, and collaboration, and the Loan Program Director must be aligned with our culture and enhance it through positive leadership. The Loan Program Director will be a key player in the implementation of McCIF’s mission and vision.
- Manage the Loan Program as outlined by the Board of Directors and policies of McCIF.
- Become knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations that govern, affect, or impact McCIF and its Loan Program.
- Responsible for processing, underwriting, closing, and servicing commercial loans.
- Individually or in cooperation with third-party providers, provide financial education services, e.g., business plan preparation, accounting assistance, software training, marketing plan preparation, credit counseling and general business consultation.
- Meet goals for loan production set jointly with the McCIF Board.
- Ensure all items necessary for underwriting, processing, and servicing loans are properly prepared and maintained in compliance with McCIF policies.
- Review loan packages for accuracy and completeness.
- Review and work to eliminate and terminate collateral offerings and requirements.
- When appropriate, assist clients with the presentation of applications for loan and supporting financial documents to other financial institutions.
- Adhere to McCIF’s core values, internally and externally, to demonstrate a commitment to those values.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all interested parties.
- Observe a culture of collaboration, transparency, and open communications throughout the organization.
- Develop and carry out a program of business development to increase the volume of loan applications and closings within McCIF’s mission as a Community Development Financial Institution.
- Assist in marketing strategies of lending and business development programs.
- Participate in McCIF activities that maintain and enhance community visibility, such as public relations initiatives, networking programs, community events, and contacts with depository financial institutions, local governments, and other nonprofit organizations.
- Timely advise the Board of Directors of critical risks and/or crises that could adversely affect the organization.
- Handle client inquiries (both internal and external) in a professional and timely manner.
- Drive personal automobile as needed to fulfill the duties and responsibilities listed above.
Other responsibilities and duties delegated by the Board of Directors from time to time.
Required education, experience, licenses, and background check:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree (preferred) or experience in business lending, servicing, closing, workout, and restructuring of loans.
- Valid Texas Drivers’ License and Personal Auto Insurance Policy
- Acceptable background checks that include a credit check, driving record check, and criminal history check.
Personal, Skills, and Knowledge Requirements:
- Ability to make underwriting and operational decisions within guidelines established by the Board of Directors.
- Working knowledge of commercial lending practices and procedures, including record-keeping, with attention to detail.
- An understanding of the application of financial evaluation tools in the lending process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and present accurate written and oral summaries of financial analyses of loan applications.
- Ability to work with clients to help them achieve their business financial funding goals.
- Ability to manage professional staff.
- Ability to cultivate and reinforce relationships across a wide spectrum of constituencies.
- Personal and professional integrity that guides all decisions and actions.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Computer operating skills and typing skills.
- Knowledge and use of computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.), Zoom, and Google Suite.
- Use and maintain standard office equipment such as copier, scanner, fax machine, computer, presentation equipment, and calculator.
- Ability to write and create forms, letters, memorandums, and documents.
- Work independently and multitask with management and organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and focus on results.
- Exhibit a genuine personality that is polite, positive, and engaging with all clients, coworkers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish fluently (desirable).
- Ability to follow McCIF company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a moderate to fast-paced office working environment
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to access and navigate all areas of the work environment
- Ability to lift a minimum up to 25 pounds at a time
- Ability to physically bend, push, pull, stretch, move hands, wrist and fingers frequently
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal business hours to meet goals and deadlines set by the McCIF Board
- Ability to withstand brief periods of hot and cold weather conditions while commuting
Compensation and Benefits
Minimum Annual Salary: $56,000 – Salary Negotiable (DOE)
How to Apply
Required Application Materials:
- Resume, including salary history, and a short letter or interest statement expressing your interest in McCIF’s mission and work.
- Three professional references with contact information.
Interested applicants should submit the Required Application Material, as noted above, to Elaine Botello, Human Resources Consultant for McCIF.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, please call 254-715-7554.