Loan Processor Associate
Company: Housing Assistance Council
Location: , Remote
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Founded in 1971, the Housing Assistance Council (HAC) is a national nonprofit and a certified community development financial institution dedicated to helping local rural organizations build affordable homes by providing below-market financing, technical assistance, training, research, and information services. HAC’s mission is to improve housing conditions for the rural poor, with an emphasis on the poorest of the poor in the most rural places, particularly regions and populations with high needs: Native American communities, the Mississippi Delta, farmworkers, the southwest border colonias, and Appalachia.
The Loan Processor Associate is an entry-level position and will assist in the overall loan portfolio management functions of the organization’s portfolio of loans made to entities engaged in affordable housing activities in rural communities throughout the United States. This individual will assist in a range of lending activities — including loan department reports, loan payments, loan closing, disbursement, various aspects of monitoring, and servicing single- and multi-family housing development loans — in the Loan Fund Division.
- Assist with regular quality control checks of all assigned loan files to ensure completeness and compliance prior to, during, and after the closing and funding of the loan.
- Review and reconcile loan payments and categorize them as interest, principal, or fees.
- Collect, review, and process due diligence documentation and ensure compliance with funding and loan conditions.
- Process lien releases and reconveyances of collateral as required.
- Coordinate with Finance to enter receipts into the loan system.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly reports that include but are not limited to quarterly status and interim financial reports, construction to permanent loan conversions, loan payment delinquency, payment error, maturity dates.
- Gathers and analyzes borrower financial data to evaluate risk.
- Assist with monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on monthly draw requests from construction loan borrowers. This work may include review of borrower and architect certifications, invoice back-up, lien waivers, and title updates.
- Assist with review of loan disbursement authorization with approved amounts, authorized accounts, payments made by borrower and loan number.
- Assist with preparation of reconciliation of loan fund balances monthly.
- Assist management on loan department reports and projects.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, Economics or Accounting a plus.
- Advanced Excel knowledge needed.
- Excellent mathematics skills and number sense.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Detail orientation.
- Ability to operate autonomously with transparency and integrity.
Compensation and Benefits
HAC offers competitive wages, benefits, and growth opportunities consistent with industry standards. Flexible benefits packages include health insurance; life and other insurance; financial benefits, include a retirement plan with partial employer match; time off; and work/life benefits, to include education assistance.
How to Apply
HAC is an equal opportunity provider and employer. HAC does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital or familial status, ancestry, or status as a veteran. HAC is committed to maintaining a multicultural work environment. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email a resume and brief cover letter, with salary requirements, to email@example.com with “Loan Processor Associate” in the subject line. Applications considered as received, with interviews starting immediately.