Company: The Life Initiative
Location: BOSTON, MA
Job Function: Finance
The Life Initiative (TLI), located in Boston, is a private, community development fund with a social mission to invest in projects that benefit low-moderate income people and communities throughout Massachusetts. We seek to preserve and expand affordable and mixed income housing opportunities which allow access for lower income households to a high-quality environment. We seek to strengthen and build healthy communities through investments in key services including healthcare, education and childcare, support services, employment opportunities and investments in women and BIPOC-owned businesses.
TLI takes a comprehensive approach to lending and investment and believes providing flexible and creative capital to our borrowers is an important component in revitalizing communities and alleviating poverty. Capitalized by life insurance companies based in Massachusetts, TLI has been in business for 22 years, and has successfully invested more than $600,000,000, providing both a financial and social return to our investors.
TLI is seeking a Loan Portfolio Manager (PM) responsible for a $100 million portfolio of acquisition, predevelopment, construction and perm loans to affordable housing, community facilities and businesses. The PM will manage credit monitoring, risk and impact ratings, construction loan administration, modifications, and workouts. The PM will report to the President and will work with loan officers and administrative staff as well as with borrowers and other partners.
- Loan administration and monitoring
- Construction disbursement management
- Site visits
- Loan restructuring and workouts
- Portfolio data collection and reporting
- Loan extensions and modifications.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum three years of asset management, lending or real estate development experience. Can be combined with educational background
- Financial analysis skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and portfolio management software
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse environment with for-profit, non-profit, public and private organizations
- Experience with construction lending a plus
- Experience with new market, low-income housing and historic tax credit programs a plus
Compensation and Benefits
TLI offers competitive salary and generous benefit package. The position will be headquartered in Boston, MA with remote and hybrid work options available. Some travel within MA required, less than 10% of time.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.