Company: Californai Farm Link
Location: Aptos, CA
Job Function: Accounting
The mission of California FarmLink is to invest in the prosperity of farmers and ranchers through lending, education, and access to land. We value equitable access to opportunity, resilient working landscapes, fairness and accountability, and learning from diverse farmers and ranchers. For more info, and to learn about FarmLink’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: https://www.californiafarmlink.org/dei-principles/
This position plays a key role in my client’s agricultural lending as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), providing underserved farmers and ranchers with access to capital and technical assistance.
Borrower deterioration results in increased loan losses with time. The keys to reducing loan loss and preserving borrower’s equity is the timely recognition, prompt corrective action and close supervision of the portfolio. A problem loan does not always result in a poor borrower and/or loss if properly and proactively administered. The Loan Operations
You will assist the Director of Loan Operations and Loan Officers in maintaining the total loan portfolio, with specific emphasis on monitoring accounts for potential problems and working delinquent accounts while maintaining positive customer relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diligent monitoring of accounts, research past due behavior, flag concerns and alert loan staff of potential problems.
- Maintain consistent communication with past due accounts.
- Prepare past due notices, delinquency letters and acceleration letters.
- Work with loan officers and legal counsel to facilitate reaffirmations, forbearances, possible foreclosures, bankruptcy proceedings or liquidation.
- Enlist services of external collection specialists in circumstances that require collateral inspections and/or on-site collections.
- Provide written action plans outlining the cause of loan default and actions taken to maximize recovery.
- Provide reports on loan portfolio status with specific emphasis on delinquencies, stop accruals, write-offs, etc. to be presented at weekly portfolio check-in meetings.
- Prepare documentation for loan officers on loan restructures. (Change In Terms)
- Work with loan team on work-out strategies to maintain portfolio integrity and positive customer relations.
- Report delinquency status to key participation and guarantee partners as required. (ex: FSA, SBA, FarmerMac, NCCLF)
- Conduct periodic loan file review, contacting borrowers for additional information related to loan servicing and collateral & covenant compliance as necessary.
- Monitor collateral filings (UCC) and conduct necessary renewals as needed.
- Ensure all active loans maintain required collateral insurance coverage for duration of the loan.
- Log daily cash receipts/loan payments.
- Post late charges and produce monthly loan invoices/billing statements.
- Communicate effectively with borrowers and serve as one of the primary points of contact for loan accounts and servicing-related questions.
- Research and resolve customer account issues.
- Collateral loan file set-up.
- Cross Train in functions related to documenting, closing and on-boarding new loans in loan processing and servicing systems.
- Assist other loan team members on projects or deliverables as requested by Director of Loan Operations and Director of Lending.
What you bring to the role:
- Associates Degree or 3+ years direct work experience.
- Bilingual, with the ability to communicate the written and spoken word in both English and Spanish.
- Effective communication skills: ability to handle relations with tact and discretion, to the ultimate benefit of both client and the organizations
- Sensitive to matters of confidentiality.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, well-disciplined, able to manage multiple and competing deadlines, and a self-starter.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and basic accounting procedures.
- Native Spanish Speaker
- Experience with loan documentation and loan servicing systems (such as LaserPro & DownHome Loan Manager)
- Familiarity with agricultural/small business lending, USDA/SBA programs, and/or CDFIs.
Compensation and Benefits
- $50,000 – $60,000/year
- Health benefits
- Employer contribution to their 403b (retirement plan)
- Pad time off
- Flexible schedule
- Family friendly
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter indicating your interest to email@example.com