Location: Wilmington, DE
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Cinnaire is guided by our Why – We invest in people and places to transform lives through equitable financial and development solutions. We believe that every community needs affordable housing, job opportunities, and quality healthcare and childcare in order to thrive.
Since 1993 we’ve been making high-impact investments and loans to developers and nonprofits that have resulted in more than $10 billion in community impact. Our investments focus on economically and racially marginalized communities that have been systematically denied access to capital. By leveraging innovative financial tools including the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit and the New Markets Tax Credit, we strive to change inequitable systems so that all people — especially low-income and vulnerable individuals — have the opportunities provided by living in healthy communities.
The Loan Officer, Wilmington is responsible for supporting business development, vetting, analyzing, and structuring potential loans, in partnership with the Cinnaire Community Connection market lead/team in Wilmington, DE. The Loan Officer may also support origination of loans in the Mid-Atlantic market as needed and as time permits. The Loan Officer, Wilmington builds and maintains a pipeline of viable transactions in the Wilmington market, managing borrower and partner relationships, analyzing prospective loans for credit risk and social impact, and proposing appropriate loan structures to meet the needs of borrowers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and manages a pipeline of transactions in the Wilmington market in partnership with the CCC team that are consistent with Cinnaire Lending business strategy and loan policies.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for prospective borrowers through the loan originations process, including overseeing collection and analysis of relevant due diligence documents, structuring the loan, and issuing letters of interest or term sheets to borrowers.
- Supports the underwriting, approval, and closing processes as a relationship manager for the borrower as needed. May be assigned to underwrite loans as needed or desired.
- Provides technical assistance as needed to support potential borrowers through the loan originations process.
- Ensures that loan pipeline data is tracked in Cinnaire’s pipeline management system.
- Participates in regular meetings with the Wilmington CCC team to discuss new loan opportunities and prospective loans in the pipeline.
- Makes recommendations for loan product and process improvements to better support the needs of the Wilmington market.
- Represents Cinnaire Lending in the Wilmington market, attending relevant industry events, participating in assigned committees or task forces, and building trusting relationships with other CDFIs and partners.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Strong communication and writing skills required.
- 5 or more years’ experience in community development lending.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates it into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Resource Optimization: Applies knowledge of internal structures and existing talent to accomplish a goal.
- Diversity Awareness: Identifies the benefits and advantages of harnessing collective insights from various individuals in the organization.
- Costumer Focus: Stays ahead of customer needs and uses insight to develop new and/or modify client services.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director, Loan Originations
Supervisory Relationships: None
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
Travel Required: Up to 20%
Compensation and Benefits
Benefits Offered: Medical, Health Reimbursement Account, Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Paid Mobile Phone Service, Unlimited PTO, Incentive Compensation, 403(b) Plan, and Profit-Sharing Plan.