Loan Fund Manager
Locations: Lansing, MI; Detroit, MI; Grand Rapids, MI; Chicago, IL; WIlmington, DE; Madison, WI; Indianapolis, IN
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Who we are
Cinnaire is a mission-driven organization. Our team of more than 130 individuals are united by our core purpose. As dedicated problem solvers, we start each day thinking ‘what kind of difference can we make in people’s lives today?’ and then go about revitalizing communities, empowering individuals and creating economic opportunities.
What we do
We get involved. We spend time on the ground in the communities we serve, getting to know the people, understanding their challenges, and devising out-of-the-box solutions. Ours is a people-first approach to advancing communities. As a community development financial organization, we provide creative capital solutions to projects with high social value that may not otherwise receive support from traditional financial institutions. Our toolkit of services includes programs that lend funds, finance development and manage and build all the components of healthy communities.
How we do it
We help community development organizations, lending partners and socially motivated investors accomplish goals in underserved communities. We fill gaps in community development funding by leveraging capital from public and private sector organizations and bringing expertise to communities that need it most.
Where we serve
Since 1993, Cinnaire has funded affordable housing developments and community development initiatives throughout the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states. Headquartered in Lansing Michigan, we have offices in Detroit and Grand Rapids, MI:, Milwaukee and Madison, WI; Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; and Wilmington, DE, while providing financial and development support across our nine-state footprint including Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland.
The Loan Fund Manager (LFM) is responsible for maintaining Cinnaire Lending Corporation’s (CLC) investor relationships as well as providing all CLC investor-required reporting. The LFM also plays a key role coordinating between investors and various internal departments as well as providing portfolio-level reports for senior leadership and the CLC Board of Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Composes formal investor notices regarding all calls for funds, loan extension/modification approvals, loan payoffs, loan defaults, and dissolution of loan funds.
- Tracks loan fund investor composition and percentage ownership by recording investor entrance and exit of loan funds (including bank mergers).
- Drafts fund-level reporting for loan fund investors to be reviewed by SVP, Loan Management Services (SVPLMS) and distributed to loan fund investors.
- Assists SVP, Lending Capital, and Loan Underwriting team with loan sourcing decisions by monitoring loan fund availability.
- Responds to ongoing/ad hoc investor information or fund requests and ensures information meets or exceeds investor expectations and business needs.
- Maintains all CLC investor contact information and administers investor access to the loan portal.
- Monitors all loan fund investor covenants and investor side agreements on an annual basis to ensure compliance.
- Performs portfolio-level analysis to assess overall portfolio performance, concentrations, sectors, demographics, and social impacts to ensure SVPLMS can accurately manage risk and ensure portfolio compliance to loan policy.
- Validates portfolio-level data sent from CLC to Finance team on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Provides information to Public Funding team, Strategic Communications, and other internal stakeholders to support information requests from grantors, partners, media sources, and industry associations demonstrating CLC’s programmatic and social impact outcomes.
- Develops portfolio-level reports for SVPLMS to be presented at quarterly CLC Board meetings.
- Collaborates with the Innovations team to engage with prospective investors regarding current and future investment opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience reviewing analyses of multi-property portfolio performance and assembling relevant reports from a database to be issued to investors for their review.
- Experience communicating with various internal and external audiences, including investors, boards, senior leaders, and inter-departmental teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications.
- Innovative thinker with a demonstrated track record of continuous improvement.
- Analysis to Synthesis: Interprets data and information from multiple sources and translates into coherent messages that inform decisions.
- Intellectual Agility: Flexes and adapts thinking skills to meet the needs of different situations and circumstances; does not limit problem solving to one approach or methodologies.
- Customer Focus: Stays ahead of customer needs and uses insight to develop new and/or modify client services. Customer focus can include individuals internal and external to the organization.
- Big Picture Perspective: Seeing beyond a specific business area and considering the broader strategic initiatives of the organization. Engage in dialogue and conversations with colleagues who function and contribute to different areas of the business. Understands the impact of their decisions and actions on the organization’s business objectives.
Reporting Relationship: Senior Vice President, Loan Management Services
Supervisory Relationship(s): None
Travel Required: 10%
Compensation and Benefits
Cinnaire offers a competitive compensation package.
How to Apply