Location: Miami, FL
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Ascendus is a nonprofit small business lender working to create economic opportunity by providing entrepreneurs with access to the capital and the business support they need to create and grow healthy enterprises and contribute to thriving local economies. As an accredited CDFI, since 1991, Ascendus has provided almost $300 million to over 35,000 small business owners across the country. For more information, visit www.ascendus.org.
MISSION OF THE LOAN CONSULTANT
The Loan Consultant is responsible for building our brand and establishing our presence as the micro-lender of choice in Miami, FL, and surrounding areas. This position’s responsibilities include the development, cultivation, and growth of small business lending. The Loan Consultant is focused on outreach to partners (banking institutions, government organizations, and community partners) to originate quality loan applications and is directly responsible for monthly business development and sales goals reporting to the Director of Lending. Position based in Miami, FL. Remote work from home with client visitation is required.
- Deliver monthly sales goals of cumulatively lending $70,000 to five business owners.
- Deliver monthly new loan conversion at a threshold of 20% or higher.
- Work to build a portfolio so that 40% of monthly disbursements are refinanced applications.
- Deliver on generating and converting 15 leads a month from existing clients.
- Develop new and cultivate existing referral relationships that generate high levels of customer satisfaction of 80% or greater as measured by the Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Honesty/Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisor to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Communication. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the proven ability to work at all levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort. Delegates effectively while remaining accountable to rigorous performance objectives.
- Attention to detail. Is meticulous and does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in BA.
- Bilingual -English/Spanish required.
- Portuguese is a plus.
- Three years’ experience working in a small business.
- Prior business experience/sales skills preferred.
- Good presentation and math skills.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Believes in our organizational values: https://www.ascendus.org/about/.
Compensation and Benefits
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premium plan offerings (savings of $6K – $12K per annum)
- Robust medical plans with $0 deductible and 0% co-insurance options are available
- Each employee receives a $1,500 employer-paid HRA card for a wide range of medical-related expenses such as co-pays, prescriptions, etc.
- Eligible for 401(k) participation after thirty (30) days of employment
- Participation in Success Share Plan (a profit-sharing program)
- Summer Friday’s
- Parental Leave Plan
- 13 paid holidays and generous paid time off policy
- Annual company-funded offsite retreat
How to Apply
Click here to apply!