Company: Rural Community Assistance Corporation
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Rural Committee Assistance Corporation
To support RCAC’s Loan Fund Department in its mission to act as an intermediary to provide suitable and innovative solutions to the financing needs of rural communities and disadvantaged populations.
Specific job goals, objectives and tasks are established for each employee as part of the annual evaluation process. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and audit new commercial loan applications for completeness
- Prepare draft loan documents from Word templates to encompass all terms for manager and loan officer review and approval
- Work closely with loan officers, escrow officers and commercial borrowers to track and monitor receipt of all incoming pre-closing, closing and post-closing loan conditions
- Coordinate closely with title company, commercial borrowers and other institutional funding sources in the delivery of commercial loan documents for signature and delivery of initial disbursements
- Maintain accurate checklists for loan files
- Assess compliance to RCAC policies and procedures and make recommendations as needed
- Prepare, distribute, track, and monitor commitment letters
- Review fully executed commercial loan documents for loan fund readiness
- Request funds from accounting and initiate ACH and/or wires as needed
- Track lock expiration date when loan participants need to purchase USDA guaranteed portion of loan to avoid late delivery fees
- Update and maintain Loan Application Processing System (LAPS), Nortridge Loan Service Software (NLS), and Loan Origination system during all stages of the loan life cycle, including set-up, Origination, and Loan Closing
- Complete final audit of all loan files at loan closing
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of commercial real estate finance; development and law; lending practices and procedures; and the escrow process
- Significant experience proofreading and editing commercial loan documents, including security agreements, UCC’s, deeds of trust, promissory notes, guarantees, and reviewing corporate entity documents
- Knowledge of public nonprofit associations, agencies, and programs
- Proficiency with personal computer including Microsoft Office, Excel & database systems
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service skills and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and to effectively prioritize multiple tasks including follow-up items
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Use initiative to approach troubleshooting and problem-solving alternatives
- Ability to listen and communicate professionally, verbally and in writing
- Plan, monitor and manage commercial loan closings
- Extreme attention to detail
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work performed in an office requires ability to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment, including telephone. Use may be moderate (average two hours per day) to heavy (four or more hours per day)
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time; walk; talk; hear; use hand to finger; handle; feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee may occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This position may also require moderate (up to six days per year) automobile, including overnight travel.
Preferred Education and Experience:
A combination of experience and education is necessary to qualify for the position. A typical qualifying combination may include:
Three years of applicable experience in the loan origination, servicing, or loan accounting field (education may be substituted for the experience).
Associate degree in accounting (additional qualifying experience may be substituted education).
Possession of a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance that meets the minimum requirements ($100,000/$300,000) of RCAC corporate liability policy may be required when traveling for business purposes.
RCAC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all employees and job applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status, or any other status protected by law. RCAC strives to reflect the diverse constituencies that the organization serves.
Compensation and Benefits
$67,332 – $74,297/Yearly