Company: Lafayette Public Trust Financing Authority
Location: Lafayette, LA
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
The Lafayette Public Trust Financing Authority has been engaged in community development related financing and investment since 1979. The Trust has formed and capitalized the Lafayette Community Development Fund as a community development loan fund that will bridge socially responsible investors and cooperatives, community oriented nonprofits, first-time homebuyers and small businesses in Lafayette, Louisiana.
The LOAN AND OUTREACH OFFICER will be responsible for underwriting loan requests from first-time homebuyers and small businesses, as well as community outreach, and client relationship development. This is a unique opportunity to take on a well-established but small program that is positioned for fast growth. This role structures, qualifies, and monitors loans, as well as providing organizations and individuals with technical assistance and financing analysis. The Loan and Outreach Officer will support various projects related to marketing and portfolio development. This position requires the ability to be creative and develop community partnerships, as well as a demonstrated commitment to social, economic, and racial justice.
- Underwriting small business loans and working collaboratively with the lending team;
- Analyzing and interpreting financial statements, delivering written reviews of financial information;
- Assessing the creditworthiness of potential small business borrowers moved into underwriting, by evaluating financial statements, tax information, organization information under the supervision of senior staff;
- Conducting research and due diligence relevant to loan applications under review;
- Spreading and interpreting financial statements, tax returns, and projections;
- Finding solutions to core credit issues and risks discovered in underwriting and capable of using sound risk management practices to structure loan transactions;
- Determining and justifying the terms and conditions of those loans and handles the daily interaction with customers and prospects;
- Consulting with team members to recommend proper loan structuring that limits risk to the organization;
- Ordering and review third-party reports, appraisals, and valuations (real estate, equipment, business, etc.) as required;
- Maintaining a satisfactory level of customer service to all stakeholders (internal and external customers, etc.) and maintain a satisfactory level of communication with all partners;
- Performing interim and annual financial loan monitoring in close collaboration with the Portfolio Manager;
- Assisting with implementing marketing initiatives to promote the availability of the programs to local businesses.
- Working with the Executive Director and Director of Operations on business development activities, including participating in client and/or prospect calls and representing the organization in meetings when necessary;
- Collaborating closely with team members in the development, launch, and execution of new lending programs;
- Participating in local small business and economic development organizations, community organizations, and prospect meetings, when necessary;
- Identifying opportunities for collaboration with private sector, county, state, and federal
- Presenting recommended loan approvals to senior staff, Loan Review Committee, and the Board of Directors;
- Providing monthly activity reports;
- Representing the organization as directed at various functions, events, and forums;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Basic financial statement literacy, demonstrated ability to work with spreadsheets and financial analysis
- Exceptional interpersonal relations, public speaking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, with strong time management skills, as well as an ability to collaborate with a close-knit group.
- Demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and a sincere willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clientele of wide ranging cultural backgrounds, educational level, and socioeconomic status.
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; Bi-lingual a plus. Valid driver’s license and required use of a private and reliable automobile.
- Reside in the service area.
- Three years of experience with lending/loan processing/servicing, ideally in commercial banking or with another CDFI.
- Significant experience (such as a Master’s degree or relevant professional work) in economic development, small business ownership or entrepreneurship, business training/counseling, public administration, community organizing, or other related field.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time salaried position with a starting salary range of $55,000 to $65,000, depending on experience; professional training; medical, dental, and vision coverage available; paid time off; paid holidays and sick leave days.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Loan and Outreach Officer” in the subject line.