Loan Administrator (Commercial Construction Loan Administration)
Company: VCC Social Enterprises
Locations: Richmond, VA; Christiansburg, VA; Norfolk, VA
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
About VCC Social Enterprises:
VCC Social Enterprises is a nonprofit holding company regulated by the Federal Reserve. VCC Social Enterprises is the parent organization for Virginia Community Capital, VCC Bank, and LOCUS Impact Investing. Virginia Community Capital (VCC) is a $275 million community development financial institution (CDFI) with a mission to create jobs, energize places, and promote an enhanced quality of life in our communities. With offices in Christiansburg, Norfolk, and Richmond, VCC offers innovative and flexible financing tools and professional advisory services to individuals and organizations in low-to-moderate income and underserved communities. VCC Bank is an FDIC-insured, certified bank and B Corp offering products tailored to socially conscious investors, along with personal and business checking, savings, and certificate of deposit accounts. VCC Bank is a majority-owned subsidiary of VCC Social Enterprises. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. Learn more at www.vacommunitycapital.org.
About LOCUS Impact Investing:
LOCUS Impact Investing is a national nonprofit consulting organization and mission-driven registered investment advisor firm providing a comprehensive set of tools to the increasing number of foundations and place-focused impact institutions looking for innovative ways to invest in and transform communities. LOCUS believes that philanthropy and mission-driven investors should work alongside communities to grow economies that work for all. We partner with these impact investors to redefine their role as capital providers, activate investments and endowments for community impact, and use their capital as a tool to drive equitable prosperity. LOCUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the non-profit, VCC Social Enterprises. For more information about LOCUS visit https://locusimpactinvesting.org.
VCCSE is seeking a Commercial Construction Loan Administrator. The Commercial Construction Loan Administrator is responsible for the administration of construction loans, real estate valuation reports, and environmental studies, with heavy emphasis on construction loans. Communicates and collaborates with credit risk management, loan officers, and loan operations staff on a regular basis, a critical element of this position is serving the internal and external customer.
- In conjunction with the Credit Risk Officer II, manage the construction loan pipeline (both real estate and non-real estate secured) to include:
- Pre-closing file review of budgets, contracts, plans, and building permits.
- Reviewing AIA Payment Applications
- Order and review inspections
- Order and review title updates
- Monitor progress compared to budget.
- Manage the appraisal pipeline, which includes maintaining the approved appraiser list, ordering appraisals, and ensuring appraisals are delivered based on established timelines.
- Review and approve 1-4 family appraisals as well as approve third-party reviews of commercial appraisals. Full review and approval of commercial appraisals may be required on occasion.
- Manage the environmental studies pipeline, including ordering environmental reports and ensuring environmental reports are delivered based on established timelines.
- Review and approve environmental studies.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required.
- Relevant work experience of at least 3-5 years in a credit risk administration function (construction management, appraisal management, commercial loan documentation, commercial loan operations, etc.) is required.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in construction loan management is required.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in appraisal review is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in federal regulations governing appraisal management is preferred
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in environmental studies review is preferred
- Ability to apply previous banking work experience and knowledge to a unique business model
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Software (Teams, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other customer relationship managers (CRMs)
- Demonstrated web research skills
- Live and represent the values and mission of the organization – keeping diverse, equitable, and inclusive impact at the center of all efforts and execution
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others and successfully interact with people at all management and support levels, as well as people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Effective written communication skills to deliver content and recommendations accurately.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities to meet deadlines and ensure high quality work products
- High level of adaptability and flexibility required
- Ability to travel as required
- Alignment with the organizational goals:
- Sensitivity to racial, gender, sexual orientation and cultural differences and treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Effective, respectful, and timely communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Analytic, thoughtful and strategic thinking and thoroughly aware of organizational goals and strategic direction. Must have the ability to switch roles and procedures easily to facilitate change in line with organizational priorities.
- Consider the mission, objectives, and goals of VCCSE and demonstrate an understanding of the impact of their decisions and behavior on the organization
- Physical/Sensory Demands: Fast-paced working environment, requiring quick decisions within areas of responsibility
- Extensive computer usage and Microsoft Teams communication
- Must be able to work independently in a stable remote environment
Compensation and Benefits
- $50,000 to $65,000
- Bonus opportunity if bonuses are paid in any given calendar year
- 17 days of PTO per year
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance
- 401k savings plan with employer match
- Life insurance
- Flexible work environment and hybrid remote options (prefer candidates within driving distance of our offices in Christiansburg, Richmond or Norfolk, Va.).
How to Apply
Click link to apply or mail or fax resume with cover letter to:
VCC Social Enterprises
7814 Carousel Lane, Suite 100
Richmond, VA 23294
Fax: (804) 939-6180
VCCSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VCCSE does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job-related disability, or status as a veteran.