Company: Building Hope Finance
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Building Hope Finance is the lending arm of the Washington, DC non-profit enterprise known as Building Hope–an organization formed to support the development and financing of Charter School Facilities throughout the country.
To meet its mission and business goals, Building Hope originates and manages a portfolio of direct loans, credit enhancements, and equity investments that finance the facility needs of public charter schools. This position coordinates and supports post credit approval loan and portfolio management processes. These include pre-closing tasks, loan boarding, loan monitoring, certain loan servicing tasks, preparing various portfolio and management reports and ensuring compliance with BH’s business policies and processes. The position reports to the Chief Credit Officer.
● Managing the loan closing process. Coordinating with and supporting as necessary Legal Counsel,
Underwriting and Relationship Management to ensure that loans are documented in compliance with approved terms and conditions and are closed in a timely manner. Participating in closing calls and assisting in gathering necessary information from the borrower. Responsible for updating BH pipeline reports on post approval status through closing and booking.
● Assisting in boarding approved and closed loans and investments to BH systems in a timely manner.
Gathering and reviewing final loan documents to complete a Boarding Worksheet that includes information necessary to board risk assets, monitor post close compliance, and meet BH risk asset portfolio reporting requirements.
● Supporting Accounting in billing and collecting any fees due for underwriting and legal expenses.
● Establishing and maintaining complete and orderly files per policy to support asset servicing, monitoring, collateral file maintenance, collection and reporting as needed. Ensuring that loan files are complete and available for review by auditors and any external and internal staff.
● Ensure the timely collection and review of borrower financial and performance information and deliverables to monitor compliance and risk. This may include nonprofit status, audits and periodic financial submissions and covenant compliance.
● Working with BH Legal staff to ensure that BH is maintaining and protecting its collateral position through monitoring and updating UCCs, insurance and property taxes as necessary.
● Coordinating with Relationship Management, Accounting and Credit as necessary to respond to borrower servicing requests such as payoffs, modifications, extensions and collateral releases.
● Support BH internal and external reporting requirements on the loan and investment portfolio.
● Special projects as needed.
● At least two years of experience working with commercial loan documents and financial statements; construction loan experience is a definite plus!!
● Proficient with loan management or similar systems
● Experience with Excel/Access databases.
● Experienced and effective at working with internal and external clients
● Knowledge and experience working in a bank or CDFI commercial lending or similar function
● Strong attention to detail
● Highly organized with demonstrable process management experience
● Good written and oral communication skills
● Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
● Familiarity with commercial real estate lending strongly desired
● Experience in the charter school sector a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
The position is available immediately. It will close when filled. Building Hope Finance seeks to hire a qualified individual as soon as possible.
Building Hope Finance is especially interested in candidates with a strong commitment to enhancing public education and to helping students who come from low income backgrounds or are otherwise disadvantaged.
Building Hope Finance is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Building Hope Finance is firmly committed to a policy against discrimination based on age, gender, race, religious creed, sexual orientation, disability, or ethnic or national origin.