Company: Calvert Impact Capital,Inc.
Location: Bethesda, MD
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Calvert Impact Capital uses investment capital to create a more equitable and sustainable world. Through our products and services, we raise capital from individual and institutional investors to finance intermediaries and funds that are investing in communities left out of traditional capital markets. During our 27+ year history, we have mobilized $3 billion of investor capital that has fueled loans and investments into over 100 countries and nine impact sectors.
Calvert Impact Capital is a subsidiary of the newly formed CIC Global Impact, Inc. (CICGI), a mission-aligned nonprofit created to allow us to expand our products and services over time, while not changing the purpose, portfolio, balance sheet, operations, or staff and board of Calvert Impact Capital. We will leverage this new corporate structure to continue to innovate at Calvert Impact Capital, and in future subsidiaries that we plan to create.
Calvert Impact Capital is seeking to fill an Officer position on the Loan Administration team to perform day-to-day loan administration activities related to Calvert Impact Capital’s global portfolio of impact investments. The role requires someone with strong understanding of legal documentation related to loan and equity closings. In addition, this individual will need to have the ability to think through the operational and administrative aspects of the transaction and be able to translate the terms to a loan servicing system. The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving, project management skills and have the ability to be nimble and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This individual must also be able to provide a high-level of service to internal teams and external Borrower, as well as share the commitment to the mission of the organization. This position provides a mid level view of the operational processes of a global leader in impact investing.
Contribute to the success of the strategic goals and objectives of the organization by applying technical skills in the area of Loan Administration. Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
Loan Closings / Document Review
- Manage closings with the support of the Loan Administration Director
- Review closing documents for alignment with approved teams and conditions.
- Raise and document any issues with Loan Administration Director as they occur
- Coordinate with Borrowers and Internal Teams (Investments Team, Legal Counsel, and Risk Management) to ensure all documents necessary for closing have been received, reviewed, and approved as required.
- Maintain Closing Checklist
- Adhere to established closing processes
Disbursement of Funds
- Manage disbursements with the support of the Loan Administration Director
- Review loan and equity documents for adherence to conditions to disbursement
- Research and bring any issues or concerns to the Loan Administration Director as soon as they are revealed
- Coordinate pending disbursements with internal teams
- Prepare loan disbursements for approval
- Update the loan system to reflect the pending disbursement
- Adhere to established disbursement processes
Monitoring and Administration
- Set-up transactions loan servicing system, in conformance with closing documentation and approved terms and conditions
- Monitor and follow up payments
- Ensure proper proper application of payments and disbursements by engaging with the Finance team as necessary
- Review and follow up on delinquent payments
- Monitor and follow up on tickler items
- Prepare and send monthly invoices to Borrowers
- Track and manage loan maturities
- Monitor hedges for foreign currency denominated loans
- Review and discuss with Investment Officers any change in value for non debt transactions
- Monitor Borrower request and follow up with Borrowers for problem resolution
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to identify requirements and manage implementation of new products.
- Maintain electronic loan files
- Ensure all forms and updates are complete for month-end close
- Understand standard monthly, quarterly, and annual portfolio reports from loan servicing system and respond to ad hoc reporting requests as needed
- 3+ years of experience in finance and/or legal related field
- Strong legal review skills
- Is passionate about the mission and work of Calvert Impact Capital and our commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Is proficient in Excel, bonus if the candidate is familiar with relational databases and/or data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Salesforce)
- Is fluent in English and is an effective and respectful communicator (both oral and written) and listener
- Can work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Is open to different perspectives and learning new methods of analysis
- Is skilled at prioritizing competing demands and working across teams with different priorities
- Is intellectually curious, combined with a good sense of humor and high integrity
- Has a positive, “can-do” attitude focused on implementing solutions
- Strong operational and project management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable with working with technology
- Strong commitment to quality and superior customer service.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary $70,000 annually.
- Full health care and dental care
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Parking/Metro benefit
- Hybrid work place
- Educational Benefit
- Paid Time Off and Sick Leave
- Fitness Center access
How to Apply