Company: Working Solutions CDFI
Locations: , CA; , Remote
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Working Solutions (www.workingsolutions.org) is a certified, nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that provides diverse entrepreneurs with affordable capital, free business consulting, and community connections to increase economic opportunity in the San Francisco Bay Area and across Northern California. As the First to Believe in start-up and early-stage entrepreneurs, Working Solutions makes small business loans (primarily microloans of $5,000-$50,000), administers small business grant programs, and provides up to five years of free, post-loan business consulting in conjunction with every loan. Our priority populations are lower-income individuals, women, and entrepreneurs of color. Working Solutions has made over $34 million in loans and grants to local small businesses to date, and we have educated thousands of entrepreneurs, resulting in more than 7,000 local jobs. Working Solutions has a growing team of 20 full-time employees with headquarters in San Francisco and remote staff.
The Lending Team is responsible for converting applications into successfully funded loans. As such, the team must fully understand the loan products offered by Working Solutions and the conditions that are necessary for applicants to qualify successfully. The Lending Associate will coordinate loan closings, collect and verify required documents, provide timely feedback to applicants, verify compliance with lending guidelines, and finalize loans through a comprehensive loan closing process. The Lending Associate will provide general administrative support to the Lending Team as needed. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with excellent administrative and data management skills and strong customer service skills.
- Prepare loan closing packages, schedule and facilitate loan closings, work with applicants on loan documentation
- Collect and analyze loan conditions and due diligence items from approved borrowers
- Complete contingencies with clients prior to funding
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files in audit-ready condition for all borrowers
- Provide general administrative support and ad hoc project support for Lending Team
- Support achievement of organizational and departmental goals and outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, especially in challenging situations; the ability to be simultaneously clear, firm, and supportive is crucial
- Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to understand loan documentation and related financial data
- Confident in Microsoft Office platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse constituents
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- A high degree of self-awareness with a flexible growth mindset
- Experience with entrepreneurship, microfinance, social enterprise, small business, and/or the Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) industry is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Excellent Benefits: Including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and generous holidays.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Please email resume and cover letter with the subject line “Lending Associate” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Working Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.