Company: Impact Loan Fund
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job Function: Lending/Loan Operations
Impact Loan Fund is a CDFI originally founded in 2001 to provide financing for small businesses in the Greater Kensington area of Philadelphia. Our organization serves a primarily Latino borrowing base and works with a variety of small businesses providing loans from $25,000-$250,000.
The Program and Lending Manager will work with the Director of the Impact Loan Fund to oversee small business and neighborhood level real estate development lending activity including origination, underwriting, closing and portfolio management. In addition, this individual will oversee the current training and technical assistance programs with the expectation of conceptualization and creating additional training and technical assistance programs. This role will include seeking funding for new and expanded programs.
- Understand the existing portfolio and borrowing base
- Work with team members to manage and expand capacity for origination, underwriting and loan closing processes.
- Identify loan prospects, propose loan structures, terms and conditions for new loan origination;
- Underwrite and prepare credit documents for review and approval by Loan Committee.
- Manage clients with existing loans for payment, annual progress, and other needs.
- Become familiar with existing training programs and technical assistance activity.
- Assess programs, identify areas of improvement and opportunities for expansion of training and technical assistance programs.
- Develop or expand programs, identify and secure funding for programming.
- Provide technical assistance for existing clients, new prospects, and program participants to help build capacity in the local business environment.
- Collaborate with other lenders on coordinated strategy to represent the entire target market and recommend ways to address unmet needs
- Work with operational side
- Other outreach and marketing activities to promote lending and program activities of the loan fund.
- College degree preferred
- 5-10 years experience in community development finance, banking or lending
- CDFI lending and experience, strongly preferred.
- Strong excel and computer skills
- experience with compliance requirements and business educational programs
- Loan origination, underwriting, and closing experience with real estate and non real estate transactions
- Participation in program management and/or development
- Management of employees and teams
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Compensation and Benefits
$90,000- $120,000 plus health, retirement, PTO