Company: Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Job Function: Other
About the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority:
Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (“CHFA”) is a self-funded, quasi-public organization. Its mission is to alleviate the shortage of housing for low-to moderate-income families and persons in the state of Connecticut (“State”) and, when appropriate, to promote or maintain the economic development of the State through employer-assisted housing efforts.
CHFA is a mission-driven leader in creating #affordablehousing opportunities for families and individuals in Connecticut. We believe in the power of the diverse and inclusive communities we serve. We provide a challenging, progressive, and supportive environment that encourages and promotes employee development.
We offer competitive salaries; tuition reimbursement; 457 deferred compensation, state sponsored pension plan, comprehensive health, dental, life, and disability plan, paid vacation, sick, and holidays, hybrid work schedule, ongoing training, career development and if qualified employee may be eligible for student loan forgiveness under Federal Loan assistance program.
The position will play a critical role in safeguarding CHFA’s information assets and protecting the network infrastructure against potential security threats. The IT Security Compliance Analyst is a key contributor within the IT team dedicated to securing customer and CHFA data and will assist in the assessment of technology-related compliance issues across the organization including information security, identity management, user access, configuration management, and data integrity. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing, monitoring, and maintaining security measures to prevent unauthorized access, data breaches, and other potential security threats.
- Identifying, evaluating, and interpreting regulatory, statutory, and user security requirements, control deficiencies, and information security risks.
- Monitoring, reporting, and assisting in the development of compliance protocols to maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct and data security.
- Maintain the current information/documentation to support the CHFA’s reporting, internal audits, and regulatory reviews.
- Assist in the incident response process in the event of security or data breaches, including investigation, containment, and recovery efforts.
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective security policies, procedures, and guidelines to safeguard the CHFA’s systems, networks, and data to comply with regulations.
- Contribute to the maintenance of disaster recovery and incident response plans.
- Assist in developing and delivering compliance training for staff to raise awareness and promote a culture of compliance.
- Assign access or permissions to applications after completed approval process workflow.
- Review, manage, and maintain documentation on periodic user access across all applications and services.
- Work closely with the internal and external teams on regular security audits, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing to assess risks and potential remediation efforts in order to improve CHFA’s security posture.
- Stay current with the latest IT security trends, threats, and technologies, and provide recommendations for enhancing the organization’s security posture.
- Provide strong hands‐on support and execution of ad‐hoc compliance projects, as needed.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Job Specific Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience in an admin or support role.
- Experience in developing, reviewing, and implementing relevant policies procedures, and programs that meet compliance, privacy, and information security requirements.
- Experience in developing and implementing effective security policies, procedures, and guidelines to safeguard the organization’s systems, networks, and data.
- Basic experience in information security and related technologies, including identity & access management, network security, endpoint security, application security, data protection, vulnerability management, security logging, and monitoring.
- Basic experience in identifying and assessing compliance risks and working with applicable stakeholders to address potential compliance issues, including third-party management.
- Basic experience with intrusion detection or system protection tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations and standards.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications and virtual meeting tools.
ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This is not an exclusive list of all job functions, and the employee is expected to complete all duties as assigned. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally. This job description in no way constitutes an employment contract or agreement.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: $65,651-$86,553 DOE
Benefits: We offer competitive salaries; tuition reimbursement; 457 deferred compensation, state sponsored pension plan, comprehensive health, dental, life, and disability plan, paid vacation, sick, and holidays, hybrid work schedule, ongoing training, career development and if qualified employee may be eligible for student loan forgiveness under Federal Loan assistance program.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, submit a resume and cover letter referencing the position for which you are applying and complete an on-line application. https://www.chfa.org/careers
Applications open until the position is filled.
CHFA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and stronger encourages the application of women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.