Company: Homewise Inc
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Job Function: Finance
The Homewise mission is to help create successful homeowners and strengthen neighborhoods so that individuals and families can improve their long-term financial well-being and quality of life. Since 1986, Homewise has been helping people achieve their homeownership goals. We do this by focusing on our customers and placing their long-term financial well-being as the highest priority.
We are seeking an Investor Reporting Manager to join our team. The Investor Reporting Manager’s role is to analyze, interpret, translate and communicate financial and program data to Homewise’s internal and external stakeholders. The Investor Reporting Manager serves as a liaison between both internal departments and Homewise and external investors and partners on matters of program data, program and financial reporting, and government grant management. The Investor Reporting Manager works closely with the Homewise Finance, Resource Development, Community Development, Policy, and Community Engagement and IT departments as a project manager toward the collection, accuracy, interpretation, and reporting of program, client, portfolio, lending, and financial data. The Investor Reporting Manager shows leadership and support of the Homewise mission by managing investor reporting, ensuring the impact of investor funding, and contributing to the organization’s financial stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The investor reporting manager is responsible for the following duties:
Ensure reporting efficacy for both internal and external stakeholders by collaboratively working with Homewise departments such as Finance, Resource Development, Community Development, Policy, and Community Engagement, and IT to monitor and report progress on Homewise’s program and financial data. Additionally, implement process and system improvements to external reporting protocols and internal databases, including contributions to the design and use of a data warehouse.
- Lead as a subject matter expert on program goals and measures associated with government grant awards to ensure organizational compliance and successful completion of these programs. Direct the strategy of deployment for federal funding.
- Manage down payment programs toward the greatest client impact and program sustainability. Use activity data and strategic thinking to ensure that down payment funding is deployed efficiently, effectively, and with the greatest possible client impact.
- Mitigate risk by thoughtfully assessing data collection tools and strategies in order to further the Homewise mission. Identify and enact process improvement opportunities with regard to data collection and reporting to ensure the attainment of Homewise’s qualitative and quantitative goals set in the five-year strategic plan.
- Assist Capital Strategy team in assessing, adding, and adjusting investor relationships, program management, and reporting protocols to ensure the fulfillment of strategic objectives.
- Utilize expert knowledge of the interconnectedness of Homewise department activities to manage data collection and interpretation effectively and efficiently. Contribute to others’ understanding of data interconnectedness through Homewise University.
Work Process and System Improvements
- Manage programs and reporting for all federal grant programs, including but not limited to: Bond Guarantee, Capital Magnet Fund, and Financial Assistance.
- Ensure timely and accurate data collection and reporting for internal and external stakeholders, including approximately 40 external investors and partners.
- Manage Community Development Block Grant Home Purchase and Home Improvement programs, including reporting and reimbursement protocols, for both the City of Santa Fe and the City of Albuquerque.
- Develop and maintain internal data and impact reports that enable the management team and staff to monitor the organization’s progress toward strategic goals.
- Lead response to organizational reviews and audits from partners such as NeighborWorks America, Opportunity Finance Network, and the City of Santa Fe.
- Manage Homewise’s online profile, registration, and compliance with entities like HUD, NM Secretary of State, Housing Partnership Network, Grants.gov, System for Award Management (SAM), NM Charitable Organizations, etc.
- Collaborate with leaders in other Homewise departments toward accurate and efficient data entry, collection, and correction when necessary.
- Balanced and demonstrated ability in strategic program leadership. Comfortable in diagnosing issues and leading change.
- Process orientation. Clearly see and understands how strategy and goals are achieved by defining and continually improving core process. Able to diagnose and redesign.
- Customer service. Extremely responsive to internal and external customer requests; exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Makes insightful diagnosis for underlying issues and assists in developing improvement strategies. Varied and self-aware leadership style – able to manage by influence, expertise, and authority.
- Communication skills. Able to clearly and simply present complex or conceptual issues orally and written.
- Flexibility and adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback. Ability to deal with brutal facts, unpleasant news, and difficult situations. Is honest with others and expects others to be honest with you.
- High standards. Expect personal and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Listening skills. Let others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints. Listens to understand.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
Education and Experience
- Expert competence in Microsoft Office tools particularly high level Excel functionality.
- BA or BS required with material exposure to Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Accounting, Science and/or Finance. Master is the above desirable but not required.
- Non-profit or financial services experience is desirable.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends as needed.
- This is largely a sedentary role.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
To review the job description and submit your resume, please use the link below.