Investor Relations Analyst
Company: Local Initiatives Support Corporation
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Finance
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org
About Strategic Investments
The LISC Strategic Investments team leads the design, development, and deployment of impact investment funds in LISC’s local markets nationwide. Strategic Investments employs an “impact first” investment methodology that optimizes the impact on the communities we care about while achieving sustainable risk-adjusted returns for investors.
The unique power of LISCs local office presence combined with the strength of our national investment expertise is a powerful combination for creating real impact in the communities we serve. This network requires careful coordination between Strategic Investments, the LISC Local Offices, and other stakeholders within LISC. While many groups within the LISC organization support fund management activities, the Strategic Investments team is ultimately responsible for ensuring a successful track record for LISC’s off balance sheet fund investments. Visit us at www.liscstrategicinvestments.org
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Fund Management team has been organized into functional expertise groups that lead and support the activities necessary to design, raise, deploy, and manage Impact Funds. Those functional groups are listed below:
- Fund Design & Modeling – initial fund concept design and modeling, market testing
- Fund Development – raising money from investors for the fund
- Fund Deployment – creating the investment origination strategy and managing the underwriting and investment process
- Fund Performance & Measurement – managing the performance of existing investments and conduit funds, oversight of financial statements & impact reporting
In LISC Fund Management (LFM), we are charged with coordinating the development, investment in, and deployment of impact investment funds in LISC’s local markets nationwide. While many groups within the LISC organization support fund management activities, LFM will be ultimately responsible for ensuring a successful track record for LISC’s off balance sheet lending, coordinating the efforts of relevant teams to ensure the overall organization understands who is playing what role and executes on the overall strategy. This role is focused on the execution of LISC’s investment opportunities. The Underwriter will provide direct underwriting support to local program offices in the field and serve as the primary underwriter for investment projects across LISC’s markets and nationally. The Underwriter will have deep knowledge of public and private resources available to leverage LISC’s investment and will provide support to strategically deploy LISC Fund Management’s full array of financing products through its portfolio of impact investment funds. Finally, this position requires a passion for doing hard but rewarding impactful work to improve under-invested communities across this country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are an indication of the position’s core responsibilities; these are intended to illustrate the scope of responsibilities and are not exclusive of other duties that may be required.
UNDERWRITING AND PROJECT EVALUATION
- Screen, structure and underwrite financing requests, including analyzing project/borrower operating performance, historical and projected financial performance, management capacity, organizational structure, and project feasibility for commercial real estate projects. This includes affordable housing, market rate housing, commercial projects, and mixed use projects.
- Identify credit risk and communicate key risk mitigants, including reserves, guarantees and other forms of credit enhancement.
- Present investment recommendations to LISC Fund Management’s investment committee, as necessary, and manage the closing process with in-house and external counsel.
- Collaborate with internal (within LISC Fund Management, LISC counsel) and external parties (borrowers, banks, co-lenders, attorneys, etc.) to structure financings including drafting letters of intent; reviewing real estate contracts, loan documentation, leases and due diligence.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, real estate or related fields. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience with housing and community development and/or multifamily real estate development is preferred, including project financing, market analysis, deal structuring, and financial analysis
- Strong understanding of and experience with transaction financial models for community development and/or commercial real estate deals
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex transactions at various stages and coordinate with multiple internal and external parties to meet approval and closing deadlines
- Experience with financing products such as predevelopment, acquisition, construction, bridge and permanent loans; lines of credit; and tax credit equity
- Some experience with business transaction financing preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Highly detail-oriented
- Demonstrated interest in LISC’s community development mission
Compensation and Benefits
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits. This position is expected to travel less than once per month, up to 15% annually.
LISC is an equal opportunity employer. LISC does not discriminate in employment on account of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military status or veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND JUSTICE
How to Apply
To apply please submit your application using this link: Investor Relations Analyst