Company: Opportunity Finance Network
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Investment
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is a leading national network of CDFIs (community development financial institutions) headquartered in Washington D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 370+ member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide. We help money flow to people and places where traditional finance doesn’t reach.
OFN manages more than $950 million in capital and offers a range of products and services to help CDFIs lend and invest in markets underserved by mainstream banks. OFN’s latest fund, the Finance Justice Fund, aims to bring more than $1 billion in capital from corporate and philanthropic partners to help address long-standing disinvestment issues, the racial wealth gap, and persistent poverty nationwide.
To learn more, visit www.ofn.org
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. If you have:
- Passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose.
- Courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is looking for an Investment Officer to evaluate new investments and assist to manage OFN’s investments in CDFIs. The Investment Officer will analyze primarily debt investment opportunities in CDFIs using loan portfolio and financial statement data and in-depth conversations with organizations’ senior management teams. Expect to develop relationships with OFN’s members and work across OFN’s teams to support OFN’s mission.
Come be a part of our growing, diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. All staff currently work a hybrid schedule.
- Prepare and present impact, credit, and financial risk analyses memorandums to OFN senior leadership and respective investment committees with some guidance.
- Analyze CDFIs’ financial statements, loan portfolios, lending policies and procedures, management teams, and strategies to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit, as well as recommend risk mitigation strategies with some guidance.
- Use financial ratios and models to evaluate borrowers’ current and prospective financial status.
- Actively participate in the portfolio management of OFN’s investments. Ensure borrowers maintain compliance with quarterly covenants and strengthen borrower relationships.
- Generate loan and investment opportunities by developing relationships with OFN’s CDFI members.
- Coordinate with team members to complete loan closings, documentation, and fund disbursements.
- Collaborate with the financial services team to maintain accurate borrower and loan information.
- As part of the financial services team, assist with the development and implementation of investment strategies, policies, and procedures. Support OFN’s participation in the CDFI Bond Guarantee Program as requested.
- Work across OFN’s teams to support OFN’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years direct work experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with financial statement analysis and financial modeling, and/or master’s degree in a relevant field of study is required.
- Demonstrated experience writing and presenting detailed financial analysis with emphasis on clarity, conciseness, and relevance.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles with ability to apply knowledge to assessing risk and performing financial underwriting.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with superior interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse constituents.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently under minimal supervision as well as ability to set priorities and meet deadlines under pressure without sacrificing quality.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and financial modeling skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Digital literacy and ability to navigate workplace technology.
- Comfort working in a small office.
- Some travel required (15% of time).
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
How to Apply
Complete your application and submit your resume and cover letter here.